How do I get through Winter? Cute coats and all of the winter accessories! While back home in Chicago for Thanksgiving I decided to shoot a couple of outfits and am only just now getting around to posting the first set! I had never shot in Chicago before so I’m glad to have some images with the city I grew up near in the backdrop. But you better believe it was cold shooting these so I was glad to have brought the right pieces to bundle up.
I know from years past that we’ve got a long winter ahead of us on the East Coast so today I wanted to share some of my go-to accessories for this time of year that are stylish but also functional.
Plaid Coat + Some Favorite Winter Accessories
- I have a lot of blanket scarves from Zara that are great but I always, always am topping outfits with this Everlane cashmere scarf. It is so soft and easy to wrap. It is so warm and therefore I often find myself reaching for it.
- I live for beanies and like to have them in a variety of styles and colors. My favorites are this J.McLaughlin one in these photos (and seen here), this one from COS that has finally lived up to replacing one I had worn to death for years and this one from Club Monaco that I have in pink and white.
- When it is so cold out that you can’t not have gloves on, tech gloves are a game changer. This J.McLaughlin pair have been on repeat for me.
- To keep my feet warm during winter, I’ll wear Uniqlo’s HeatTech socks under boots – here are the short ones and here are the knee high ones. (And while not an accessory for what it is worth the Heat Tech base layers are amazing on freezing cold days. SIZE UP though! A large top at Uniqlo is tight on me.)
- As for my favorite footwear, I love these UGGs. The tiny platform makes them a dream to walk in and I like that they are slightly different than the classic original ones. For when it snows, I wear these snow boots that manage to be stylish while also practical.
Zara Coat (now on sale; wearing a M; last seen here) // Sezane Sweater // AGOLDE Jeans (wearing size 27; last seen here) // Everlane Scarf // J.McLaughlin Beanie + Tech Gloves // Booties (on sale; last seen here, here – similar for less here) // Saint Laurent Bag
More Cute (YET PRACTICAL) Cold Weather Accessories: