There’s nothing like great granola, am I right? I love a bowl full of greek yogurt, crunch granola and fresh fruit (I often bring all the mixin’s from home in separate containers to work and then make my own parfait at my desk!) Granola is really just so delicious and healthy yet satisfying. The below recipe is adapted for my own personal taste (I removed the coconut and pecans and added hazelnuts) and it’s easily adaptable for whatever you may like best. I also would use gluten free oats but that’s just me!
Pumpkin Pie Granola
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans and coconut; set aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, oil, honey, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
3. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat. Spread in a large shallow baking pan.
4. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool.
5. Add raisins and dried cranberries. Store in an airtight container.
[Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction]
ok… I need to eat this. Speaking of eating – so excited for our NYC brunch! 🙂
The Style Scribe
Sounds delicious! I’m definitely going to have to give this a try.
Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca