I’ve had more time lately to listen to podcast episodes during my near daily walks and hot baths and thought today that I would share some episodes I’ve listened to lately that I’ve enjoyed. I’ve also pulled some favorites from my past six months of listening and included those, too. Hope you find one that you like!
- The Tim Ferris Show – The Power of Getting to Unknown Yourself with Lori Gottlieb. A long and thoughtful conversation about the benefits of therapy, how we can understand ourselves more deeply and how to better get to know your own story.
- Goop – Ways to Ground Yourself in Uncertain Times with Judson Brewer. A conversation with a psychiatrist about bringing some semblance of certainty to our lives when we feel out of control. Told through the lens of all of us dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.
- Goop – Determining Your Life’s Purpose. Psychological astrologer Jennifer Freed discusses how to use your talent and gifts and your astrological sign to explore life’s possibilities.
- Goop – Why We Are Not Our Emotions. Cleo Wade, a poet and activist, speaks to hope and how to best tell our stories.
- Goop – Why Bloating and Brain Fog Aren’t Normal. This episode held a real a-ha moment for me and eventually played a part in why I started intermittent fasting. A Gastroenterologist and an Endocrinologist discuss gut health and how it affects our day to day.
- Goop – Manifesting the Life You Want. A manifestation advisor explains how manifestations are tied to self worth.
- Goop – Gwyneth and Brene Brown on the Roots of Shame, Courage and Vulnerability. An honest discussion on shame, empathy, how to connect with others and what happens when we’re vulnerable.
- Unlocked with Brene Brown – Brene on Anxiety, Calm + Over/Under-Functioning. As someone with anxiety I found this short episode deeply relatable. Brene speaks to patterned ways we all have of managing ourselves through anxious situations.
- Unlocked with Brene Brown – David Kessler and Brene on Grief and Finding Meaning. A deeply moving episode on how coronavirus has caused global collective relief and what we can learn from it.
- Second Life – Alison Roman: Cook, Best-selling Author and NYT Columnist. Be prepared to leave this episode feeling inspired and hungry.
- Second Life – Rachel Zoe: Fashion Entrepreneur, Stylist, Designer and Author. Despite having watched every episode of The Rachel Zoe Project, I still learned a lot about Rachel in this episode and really enjoyed hearing more about how she’s built her brand.
- Second Life – Reese Witherspoon: Actress, Producer and Hello Sunshine Founder. This episode is just a delight as you can imagine given the guest. Reese is so smart, so funny and somehow so relatable.
- How I Built This – MM.LaFleur: Sarah LaFleur. I’ve had the honor of working with MM.LaFleur in the past and spending time with co-founder and CEO Sarah. She’s a force, incredibly smart and savvy and also one of the kindest people I’ve met in my time doing wit & whimsy. The story of how she built the MM.LaFleur brand is nothing short of admirable.
- Bad on Paper – Always Ask for More Money. Hosts Becca and Grace break down tips for how to negotiate salaries, lessons learned regarding earning power over the course of their careers and how to navigate promotions and setting rates for your work.
- Bad on Paper – Aliza Licht Shares the Most Honest Career Advice We’ve Heard. I’m a longtime fan of Aliza’s every since she was @dknyprgirl back in the day and showed brands how to do social media well. She doles out honest and helpful career advice in this episode.
- Oprah’s Super Soul – Brene Brown: The Anatomy of Trust. Can you tell by now I am a big fan of Brene Brown? In this episode she discusses the fundamentals of trust and I found myself taking notes.
- Oprah’s Super Soul – Elie Wiesel: Living with an Open Heart. I was so moved by this conversation I instantly bought Elie’s book Open Heart afterwards.
- A Single Serving – The Parisian Pause with Meghan Donovan. A self-serving promotion to hear me talk about Paris and solo travel.
Do you have any favorite podcasts you listen to? Would love some recommendations!
p.s. 20 new things you could try and my favorite comfy clothes right now.
Thank you for sharing this list!!! I have a hard time with general podcast recommendations because there are so many that seem interesting. I appreciate this curated list of episodes! You rock.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it Sydney!! Thanks for letting me know!
THANK YOU!!!!! I listened to the Reese Witherspoon episode on my walk today and loved it.
Love hearing this! Thanks for letting me know!
Nice list. Thanks. I really enjoyed the recent HBR Women at Work podcast – Seeing Ourselves as Leaders
Thank you for this rec! I didn’t know HBR had a podcast – definitely want to check it out!
What a great roundup, thank you for sharing! Half of the episodes you listed are actually on my personal favourite podcast list. I will definitely check out the rest!
The Career Edit
So glad you enjoyed it!!