I couldn’t be more excited to be heading back to Provence this week! I leave tonight and will be meeting Merritt in Marseilles. And then we’ll drive up to our home base near the town of Gordes. I have been lucky enough to visit this region of France before and always loved its beautiful landscapes, charming villages and of course, the food! At the tail end of the trip we’re also going to explore a bit of the Southern coast as well. I hope you’ll enjoy following along on Instagram! Since you’ve all seemed to enjoy my past packing list posts, I thought I’d give you a peek at what’s in my suitcase for this trip to the South of France.
Provence Packing List
- This sunny midi dress. It looks like Reformation but is under $70! I wore it in Palm Springs and got so many compliments this past March.
- This white linen dress. This dress was made to be worn in Provence, I’m quite sure! Previously worn here.
- This jumpsuit in red is so chic and even better on. I can’t wait to wear it out for an evening dinner. (It also comes in black!) The 6 fit me perfectly.
- This cute romper that’s perfect for daytime exploration.
- This gingham jumpsuit that couldn’t be more perfect for the location. The US 8 fit me perfectly.
- This striped dress. I saw that ALC launched a striped dress version of my favorite puff-sleeved tee and of course had to get it for wearing in France. I’ll probably save it for the Paris portion of my trip. I think it’ll be so cute styled with sneakers.
- This darling polka dot jumpsuit. It is SO comfortable and will be great for daytime exploring or out in the evening.
- This adorable linen gingham jumpsuit. I bought this expecting not to love it and then absolutely adored it! The 6 fit me to a T and I know I’ll get a lot of wear out of it past this France trip. It is an instant chic factor.
- My all-time favorite striped tee. But of course! I’ll be pairing it with jeans while in Paris and perhaps also wearing it in Provence.
- This white denim jacket that I love paired over midi dresses.
- This midi skirt. I am loving gingham for Provence (clearly) and this skirt is the prettiest shade of gray.
- This bikini top + bottoms. The top is so flattering on and I love how chic a white bikini looks.
- This polka dotted swimsuit. Is it not the cutest!? (I bought it in a size Large.) We have a pool at our hotel and are spending an afternoon at this magical looking spot where I plan to sport it. It’s also available here in more sizing and can we talk about the pink striped version?! The brand has SO many cute styles right now.
- This leather tote. It’s the best carry all and easy to pack flat. It can fit so much for long days spent out and about.
- A market tote like this one. I can’t not go to Provence without the perfect market tote, right? At a recent L’Occitaine event they gave us the loveliest one with four straps that I’m in love with. I’ll be using it as my carry on for this trip.
- This cute bag.
- This versatile little bag. Perfect for evenings out. I adore this bag and henceforth have it in two colors.
- These espadrilles that I bought particularly for this trip! I love how they pair with midi dresses and that they’re so comfortable.
- These sneakers. I haven’t traveled without them since I bought them back in March of last year. They’ve been well worth the investment and I love that I can pair them with dresses, jumpsuits, jeans and shorts. See all the ways I’ve styled them on the blog here.
- These cute bow sandals. The perfect neutral to wear with most everything I’m bringing. Fun fact: Talbots makes such comfortable shoes!
- Bow sandals. These bow sandals are some of the most comfortable summer shoes I own so they’ll no doubt be coming with me.
- These sandals that I wear non-stop. They’re such a feminine touch to any casual outfit.
- These sandals that a great way to formalize the fact that you’re wearing sandals. They’ll be great for evenings out.
A few other items I’m packing:
- These darling PJs I snagged at Ann Taylor over the weekend. They are soft and so, so cute! The small fit me perfectly.
- I’ll be traveling in these sweatpants, this tee and this sweatshirt for the long flights from NYC to Amsterdam to Marseilles. I am not usually one to travel in loungewear but it is going to be an extra long trip so I’m going for comfort this time around.
- Bringing this cardigan and this sweater (seen here, here) to wear during cooler evenings.
- My Chanel slingbacks and my Chanel ballet flats that I wear non-stop. More affordable versions here, here.
- This cute headband I picked up in Anthropologie over the weekend. (They have the best hair accessories at the moment. Love this pearl embellished headband in particular.)
- This pretty dress I plan to pop over my swimsuits.
- This button down to tie up and pair with a midi skirt. I’ve gotten so much wear out of this button down! The quality is great and the fit pretty perfect. (I wear it in a size 38).
- This beautiful linen dress with the prettiest button detail. It screamed South of France to me. (Mango has the best dresses right now!)
- This pretty midi lace dress that will be great for daytime or evening dinners.
- This cute tee. It is so soft and SO cute on. Reviews said it runs large but the Medium fit me perfectly.
I can’t wait to share more of my trip with you guys soon!
p.s. all my travel essentials and how I reset after traveling.
Meghan-gorgeous outfits/hope you make the airline weight allowance when you add the extra necessities, underwear, toiletries etc. ?. I was just back in Provence last October for our French friend’s wedding. Enjoy every moment.
Ha! I should be ok- become quiet the pro over the years 🙂
I studied abroad in Aix-en-Provence when I was in college for a semester and it was amazing. What I would do to go back! If you haven’t been before you should 100% visit the city. It’s a quick (and cheap!) bus ride from Marseille! If you’re going along the south of France and you can stop in Monaco, I also highly recommend. One of the most beautiful places ever. Have a great trip Meghan!
How lucky are you! So excited to be here. Thank you for the recs!!
Just thinking about how great a guide to Provence would be. The outfits are beautiful. Have so much fun!
Oh yay! I’ll be sharing lots more following my trip – stay tuned!