The other week I had the idea of doing a Reader’s Choice sort of roundup of products that you guys have bought at my recommendation and loved! Due to affiliate analytics I typically have a sense of what you buy but I obviously don’t know your thoughts after the fact! (Always feel free to tell me though – I love hearing from you about purchases you’re happy with!)
Therefore, I crowdsourced from you guys the things you’ve loved the most that you’ve bought at my recommendation and I have to say it was so fun to see!
wit & whimsy Reader Favorites:
- Remington Fabric Shaver. The best $8 you’ll ever spend. This removes all those pesky pills on sweaters, coats, couches, socks…you name it! And fair warning: you’ll get addicted to using this handy little tool.
- 5 Minute Journal. I started using this journal at the onset of the new year and have really enjoyed the practice of adding more gratitude and more reflection into my every day. It’s a lovely want to start and end the day and I love how easy it is to use this journal. It’s been a great addition to the things I’m trying to do better this year.
- Wander Beauty Eye Masks. These are a little secret weapon for me. If I ever wake up looking like I need a few extra hours of sleep or if I have a big event I’m prepping for, I reach for these. My eye area is instantly brighter and more hydrated following use and therefore I look more awake and my dark circles are diminished.
- Mario Badescu Silver Powder. This $12 little miracle really helps oily, acne-prone skin. Once or twice a week, dip a water dampened cotton ball into the powder and press on your nose, chin and anywhere else you have congestion. Wait 10 minutes and then wipe it off with toner or astringent. I wrote about it in this post about how I handle breakouts.
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate. I’ve been using this product for nearly a decade now and I’m glad you guys also love it! It’s such a good exfoliator and I use it once a week in the shower. Skin is brighter and less congested after use and my skin texture feels instantly improved after leaving it on for 2 minutes.
- Zella Live in Leggings. These are my favorite lounge leggings! I often throw them on for work from home days and I keep a pair at my parents house in Colorado to pair with oversized sweaters during the holidays. They tuck everything in and really stay put. You also can’t beat the price.
- Lululemon Align Leggings. One of my favorite discoveries of 2018 were these dreamy leggings. So crazy soft yet they stay put I now own three pair. You guys seem to love them, too! If you’re curious about the difference between these and the Zella leggings, read here.
- Aquis Hair Towel. Given how much I despise blow drying my hair, I’m not sure how I lived without this hair towel before last year. So glad you guys who have bought it are also into it! It cuts down on drying time by 50% and can also work to improve hair health. Win/win.
- Drunk Elephant BabyFacial. This was the product I heard about most from you guys when I asked what you loved that you’ve bought at my recommendation! It’s pricey, yes, but love that those of you who have bought it believe in its magic of transforming skin and said it is worth the price tag. I will continue to buy this product over and over again.
- Downy Wrinkle Release. This product changed my life in 2003 and I love how many of you also now use it. I don’t even own an iron because of this stuff!
- Ice Roller. I heard from loads of you guys that you love this refreshing little device! It is only $12 and makes for a great morning ritual to lift your face and tighten your pores before you apply makeup.
- Stila Huge Mascara. Best. Mascara. Ever. Over the holidays someone asked me for my mascara recommendation and I sent this to her. One week later I had a DM praising its existence in her life which warmed my heart. Many of you also messaged saying you’re now a convert!
- Jergens Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer. One of my favorite drugstore discoveries this is a great self tanner for a great price. Yes it still has a smell but show me a self tanner that doesn’t have some trace of smell and I’ll convert. In the meantime I love this self tanner that’s pretty low maintenance to apply. Just smooth it over your body as you would a moisturizer after you turn off your shower. Pat try and carry on! (It doesn’t transfer onto towels during the patting process, no!)
- Uniqlo HeatTech. If you live in a colder climate these base layers can’t be beat.
- Brooklinen Sheets. Love that you guys also feel the love of Brooklinen sheets! (Someone even said they’ve given them as a gift- love that idea!) I swear by their Classic sheets. Always cool to the touch and so cozy and soft.
- Everlane. Everlane pieces I’ve worn or recommended also got a lot of love! Particularly their cashmere.
- Truffle Clarity Clutch. I pack all my toiletries in this bag every trip I take. It fits WAY more than meets the eye and I love how practical yet chic it is. My other travel essentials can be seen here.
- Vince Sneakers. The best, chicest slip on sneakers! I love these so much that I just had to buy another pair. After four years of constant wear I put a hole in the bottom – ha! They’re timeless and worth the price as I think they look so much more chic than other options for slip on sneakers out there.
- M. Gemi Stellatos. My beloved flats! They are so comfortable and instantly elevate any outfit.
- Cami NYC Tank. This is my absolute favorite tank to wear for nighttime. I wear it on dates and nights out with girlfriends and almost always bring either my black or white one with me when I travel. Its cost per wear has gotten pretty low ha! I love how chic it looks paired under sweaters and blazers, too.
- Ann Taylor Pearl Hair Clips. So glad someone bought these and reported back loving them as a result of this post!
- Spanx Velvet Leggings. Lots of love for these chic leggings. I’ve worn them for my last few flights paired with a slouchier, oversized sweater and am beginning to question how I traveled in jeans for so many years! You can see them styled here, too.
- ALC Karlie Tee. I know this is an expensive tee but several of you told me you splurged and couldn’t be happier and now you get it! I have the hardest time buying tees because of my larger chest and especially when it comes to white tees. This one is great quality, isn’t sheer and is the perfect thickness so you don’t get pesky bra lines. It’s so well made and I love how it pairs with everything from work pants to jeans or as one reader said – she keeps it in her closet with her work clothes because she loves it with her pencil skirts!
- Away Luggage. I swear by AWAY and often get questions about it whenever I post it to Instagram. It’s great, great luggage. I have the Bigger Carry On and can manage to pack for a 5-7 day trip in it and then I have the Medium which I always take with me to Europe. They fit SO much – it’s practically magic I’m telling you! The compression side is a game changer and while the luggage does scratch some, its held up way better than other brands I’ve owned in the past. More on Away here.
Thanks to everyone who took time to tell me the products they’ve loved!
[Image via this post]