Below is a recipe that’s one of our favs and fairly easy to make. A perfect summer dish that has great flavor and saves well. Pick up some fresh corn from the farmer’s market and get cooking!
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 fresh Anaheim chilies seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled mild goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- For enchiladas:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 20 ounce can mild enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Sauté onion in butter in a saucepan until translucent then stir in corn, chilies, water and cumin.
- Simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and simmer until liquid evaporates stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, goat cheese and black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375 then heat oil in skillet and add tortillas one at a time.
- Fry 10 seconds per side then blot excess oil off with paper towels.
- Spread 1/3 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of a rectangular baking dish.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/3 cup cheese filling and roll to enclose filling.
- Arrange seam side down in baking dish then pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with pepper jack cheese then bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and cilantro then serve immediately.
I was looking for a new food recipe to try and never thought to find actually something orginial and good tasting so fast. Cooked this yesterday and I must say it was quite delicious.
Anyways thanks for that. 🙂