Can you believe summer is nearly upon us? I can’t believe Memorial Day is in a week from today! I’m not a person that lives and dies by the season of summer but I do have some exciting plans that have me looking forward to the next few months!
The summer plans I’m most looking forward to include:
- I’m going to Portugal! I can’t wait to explore this country I’ve heard such great things about. Merritt and I are going to explore Porto and Lisbon. I can’t wait!
- I’ll be heading to the Catskills for the first time! I’ve always wanted to explore this part of New York and we’ll be staying at the beautiful looking Scribner’s Catskill Lodge. Have any of you been?!
- My brother Kevin is getting married in August! It is our first immediate family wedding and excited is an understatement. Will be so nice to be together with family and I’ll be spending two days in Portland before the weekend’s festivities – I’ve never been!
- I’m looking forward to getting settled into my new place this summer as well. (And enjoying the building’s rooftop!)
- I’m turning 33. Not sure it is a birthday to be excited about but I always love an excuse to be surrounded by friends sipping something cool and alcoholic ;).
And now for my summer bucket list:
- Visit Governor’s Island and have a drink at Island Oyster.
- Get settled into my new apartment.
- Read in the park.
- Go to the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory.
- Go to Chez Moi on a Monday for jazz.
- Go on a sunrise walk along the river.
- Make frose at home.
- Ride the Circle Line (it’s been too long since I last did this!)
- Shoot early in the morning at Times Square.
- Eat breakfast at an old school diner.
Do you guys have any fun summer plans? I would love to hear them!
I’m headed to London tonight as well so be sure to follow along on Instagram as I’ll be sharing lots on Stories. I actually packed every single thing in this outfit – ha! They are all such great reliable basics. I searched high and low for a pair of jeans like this pair and after trying over a dozen pair I found these and I am in love. The perfect little flare, the cropped length, the high rise fit and the unfinished hem. Gonna live in these! Paired them with the Madewell body suit I wore all winter long in the long sleeve version. So glad they came out with this soft, slouchy short sleeve version!
Have a great week!