Remember when you were in school and you used to be assigned a summer reading list? I used to love being given some guidance on the books to bury my nose in. Earlier this Spring I was on a self-help book kick but finally got back to reading for pleasure while I was in France. I’ve read three books since leaving for that trip and now am on a full-blown reading kick! I thought I’d share my self-imposed summer reading list.
- Summer of ’69 by Elin Hilderbrand. I read my first Elin Hilderbrand book over the holidays (Winter in Paradise) and really enjoyed it and I’ve heard good things so far about her newest book that came out last week.
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. This book has been recommended to me so many times and I finally just got it! Can’t wait to read it.
- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang. I love nothing more than romance read in the summer and this sounds like it’ll fit the bill perfectly.
- The Age of Light by Whitney Scharer. This book tells the true story of Vogue model turned renowned photographer Lee Miller, and her search to forge a new identity as an artist after a life spent as a muse.
- Beyond the Point by Claire Gibson. Three women are brought together at West Point and this is the story of friendship, heartbreak, and resilience.
- Tell Me Everything by Cambria Brockman. I had the pleasure of meeting Cambria during a press event a couple years ago and I’m so excited to read her debut novel. It has to be excellent given Netflix already optioned it!!
- The Golden Hour by Beatriz Williams. One of the many reasons I love Book of the Month (talked about it here) is because you get early access to certain novels. I absolutely loved this author’s book The Secret Life of Violet Grant so I can’t wait to dive into her newest release.
- Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld. This is said to be a modern take on Pride & Prejudice and I’ve heard good things.
I have some beach time coming up this month and I can’t wait to dive into the above. And, as for four books I recently read and loved? The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid was such a fun read with Hollywood glamour and a twist at the end I didn’t see coming. The Idea of You by Robinne Lee which was such a good juicy beach read that I read in one night if you can believe it! A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood has beautiful Gatsby vibes and a main character that you rooted for. And last but not least all of you guys should pre-order American Royals by Katharine McGee! I absolutely loved fictional story of an American Royal family ruling. Such a fun and light read.
On a related note for those who may have missed it when I mentioned it the other week, I read Normal People by Sally Rooney while in France and while I know people love it, I thought it was just ok. I’d give it a B. An easy read for summer but nothing that totally drew me in.
Shop the Post:
I would love to know what you guys are reading this summer and whether you have any recommendations for me!
And, unrelated, but M.Gemi just launched their semi-annual sale! You can score up to 65% off their high quality and oh-so-comfortable shoes. They make some of my very favorite pairs!