Rebecca Minkoff is certainly making a name for herself – and she’s 100% worthy of all the praise and compliments. This past summer we told you about the extension of her web presence with ‘Minkette‘ where she interacts with customers, fans and everyone in between. She’s even forged a partnership with Beverly Hills 90210 star, Shenea Grimes for guest blogging.
- She’s only a few years older than us and has already made a killer name for herself
- She makes studs and grommets look good
- Her rolodex of celebrity fans is ever expanding and just like us, the press love her, too
- Her staple items marry toughness with luxury – and it’s done in a stylish way, rather than a motorcycle girl way
- The bag that catapulted her onto the “everyone knows your name” list was cheekily called “The Morning After Bag.”
- Rebecca clearly designs for the everyday woman. And we love her for it.
- Color doesn’t scare Rebecca. In fact, she makes it a point to use as much of it as possible, bringing a fresh, youthful playfulness to her designs.
- When it comes to both her handbags and her apparel (which was reinvigorated this past Spring), Rebecca sees beauty in the details. It’s what makes her designs so meticulous.
- Rebecca first started sewing at the age of eight. We’re pretty sure we did, too, but clearly didn’t give it the dedication or attention Rebecca did to build a fashion foundation that would soon become a power house.
- Rebecca is real and approachable. Read the Minkette blog where Rebecca and her colleagues post often and follow Rebecca on Twitter (her tweets are darling!) here.
Some of our current Rebecca Minkoff favorites. We die over this violet Nikki bag. DIE!
photos courtesy of Rebecca Minkoff & Bloomingdale’s