Getting ready on the regular is tough work – especially if you’ve missed your alarm, causing you to run late for that meeting, or you just lack the motivation to make it happen – we’ve all been there. That’s why I’ve developed a simple 7 Minute Face to get you ready in a snap and out the door to seize the day
1. Start with a good base. Use a primer that minimizes pores, as that will give you a smooth look and prepare your face for the remaining steps. I recommend Benefit Cosmetics’ The Porefessional
2. Pay attention to your skin. Skip foundation and head straight to concealer and powder. I use the Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer under my eyes and on my chin (damn you, blackheads!) and then use Bare Essentials pressed powder all over. The brush I use is key in applying quickly and swiftly.
3. Skip the shadow and liner. You can achieve a put-together look simply using mascara – make sure it’s a good formula that lengthens and volumizes. My favorites are IT Cosmetics Hello Lashes, Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes and Benefit Cosmetics’ They’re Real.
4. Don’t forget the brows. Failing to give your brows some TLC is one of the biggest misses you can make before heading out the door. Fill ‘em in and get ‘em in place. I recommend Laura Mercier’s eyebrow pencil or Benefit Cosmetics’ Gimme Brow. It’ll open your whole face when you give your brows some attention, trust me.
5. Add a splash of color. When you’re in a pinch, forget bronzer and just add some color to your cheeks. I love Bobbi Brown’s Shimmer Brick. I swipe it on my cheeks and forehead line near my part.
6. Go for the perfect pout. Have a go-to lipstick for daily use. This should be a color that looks good day-to-night and isn’t too bold for meetings or a day spent at your desk. This one in Make Me Pink is my personal favorite.
7. Set and forget. I swear by a makeup setting spray that ensures your hard work lasts throughout the day. Once you’ve finished your steps, spray on Urban Decay’s All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray.
And when I go to do my 7 Minute Face before I head out for the evening? You better believe I pour myself a glass of wine to accompany the task at hand! Seven Daughters Cabernet Sauvignon is in my rotation for this weekend!
This post is brought to you as a part of my collaboration with Seven Daughters wine as part of their Savvy Seven. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that help WIT & Whimsy’s doors stay open!
Fran’s wine glasses making an appearance. She’d be so proud!
Awesome tips! I’m going out for my sister’s birthday tonight and I fully plan on using some of these tips!
Melanie | UnraveledThreads