When I first heard about a place called The Face Gym I was instantly intrigued. As someone who loves massages and someone who has spent the better part of my life with chronic headaches, I wanted to know about this “workout for your face” that looked essentially like an amazing facial massage. Today I’m sharing my experience!
The Face Gym actually hails from the UK but recently opened up in Saks’ new beauty floor on 5th Avenue. The space is bright, airy and immediately inviting. I had bought + booked their Signature workout (30 minutes, $70) but they offer others that have additional benefits (see below).
The Face Gym is definitely not a facial so don’t go expecting to strip down and relax. The “trainer” spends the treatment doing kneading movements to tone and tighten the 40 muscles in your face. Your face will feel more lifted and toned and your skin glow-y. (They’ll use some serums on your face during the treatment.)
In more detail…the Signature treatment has a warm up phase, cardio phase, sculpting phase and cool down phase. In the cardio phase your face will be whipped, flicked, pinched and massaged swiftly. Muscles become relaxed and tension is released. My favorite phase though? The sculpting! The trainer really works into your muscles along your jawline and OMG…I kept thinking “this hurts so good.” I wanted it to last forever. No joke.
A few other steps follow to contour and lift and I have to say I looked good after the treatment. I could see my cheekbones more and my double chin seemed less noticeable. I was also less puffy.
The day after I was still feeling lifted and more sculpted but did experience some tenderness – just like any good workout, right?
Honestly I’d do this monthly if the price was slightly less but I have to say I would highly recommend it for before special occasions. I am definitely planning to go back before my brother’s wedding for a little extra oomph before lots of photos!
- $70 / 30 min
- “YOUR WEEKLY MUST HAVE.”
- A quick all-round Workout to lift, tone and tighten your facial muscles leaving you glowing and sculpted.
- SIGNATURE ELECTRICAL
- $95 / 40 min
- “REDISCOVER YOUR CHEEKBONES.”
- An amped up version of the Signature Workout including 10 minutes with our unique FaceGym Pro device to stimulate muscles, contour cheekbones and restore skin’s elasticity.
- GAME FACE
- $275 / 75 min
- “TOTAL TIGHTENING, SCULPTING + RADIANCE.”
- Our best-selling advanced Workout to sculpt, tone, tighten. Radio Frequency targets puffiness, boosts collagen and restore skin’s elasticity. Achieve radiance that improves over time.
- CRYO OXYGEN
- $130 / 30 min
- “A BLAST OF HYDRATION.”
- A high pressure shot of frozen CO2 delivered with a powerful concentration of atomized active ingredients to hydrate and plump, followed by an express Workout to tone, tighten and contour the facial muscles.
- YOGA FACE
- $90 / 40 min
- “INVIGORATE AND RESTORE.”
- This slower paced, hands-only workout is relaxing yet invigorating. Focusing on deep stretching, tension release and lymphatic drainage, get sculpted features whilst unwinding the mind.
I wanted to include the below YouTube video from the brand, too as I think it paints a great picture of what to expect.
Would you guys try a workout for your face?!