Happy Tuesday, all! For those of you who celebrated Christmas I hope you had a wonderful day with loved ones. I stayed in PJs practically all day, opened presents with my family, ate a huge breakfast, read, watched movies and enjoyed a delicious dinner making it a perfect day.
For today’s post I wanted to share a roundup of the things I bought/received this year that I truly loved and couldn’t get enough of. It was fun to look back on a variety of my purchases and whittle down what really were standouts. Also sharing some picks for the Shopbop sale that just launched! Enjoy!
Best of 2017:
- My favorite books this year were The Last Letter To Your Lover and The Perfume Collector. I highly recommend both and if you’re a fellow francophile like me you’ll love that The Perfume Collector is largely set in Paris!
- Not sure how I lived without these helpful + effective hair clips before 2017 but now I use one daily!
- This bag became my go-to this year for days spent in the city taking meetings or going to appointments. It fits my laptop and all other necessities including sometimes even a workout outfit if I’m heading to a class.
- I keep this eye mask in bed with me and don it every morning when the light begins to stream into my windows. It successfully stays on unlike other masks I’ve tried and has now become a travel essential (+ nap essential, too!)
- How I lived without buying a proper shower cap before 2017 is really beyond me but I got this one and am so happy to not be using the flimsy, I-swiped-it-from-a-hotel shower cap anymore.
- These little lifesavers keep my ever-exploding collection of makeup (and lip colors in particular) in a neat + tidy fashion. They also work great for jewelry.
- I love the simple + sleek style of this watch and found myself wearing it more than any other watch I own this year.
- I finally found a pair of Mary Janes I loved when I bought this M. Gemi pair. They are sleek and unique and make me feel very Carrie Bradshaw when I don them with an outfit. This pair of M. Gemis are my other favs I wear regularly.
- At first I didn’t understand the appeal of the Instagram famous Cult Gaia Ark Bag but then I bought one. And carried it all over, all summer. It not only goes with practically every spring and summer ensemble but it is also so unique that I found myself gathering compliments wherever I toted it! While not the most practical to get in and out of, it truly makes any outfit and I love its summery, care-free vibes. You can see it in posts here, here & here this year.
- I never expected to wear these slip-on loafers as much as I did but they were so easy to throw on with my denim of the day that I got a lot of wear out of them.
- The Drunk Elephant BabyFacial was my favorite beauty item of the year. It totally lived up to the hype and I can’t get enough of this 1-2x per week exfoliant. (Psst..I’ll be sharing the rest of my favorite beauty discoveries of 2017 later this week!)
- I toted this bag everywhere this year! It is so different than the other bags I own and I love the vintage feeling shape and sophisticated design. I get so many compliments whenever I carry it and you can see some posts here, here & here in which I styled it.
- I swear by the Olly gummy vitamins because they ensure that every night like clockwork I take my women’s multi-vitamins. This year I decided to switch to their probiotics (I can’t recommend probiotics enough) and have really benefited from daily consumption of them. (I also keep the sleep gummies in my nightstand for when necessary.)
- I never buy myself expensive jewelry but I treated myself to these diamond earrings last month when my favorite jewelry store was running a sale and I couldn’t love them more. They are so dainty yet striking.
- After I moved into my new apartment, I promptly set up a NEST cam to give me peace of mind while I was traveling. I love that it gives alerts on any activity it senses and that I can check in on my place from anywhere in the world. It was 100% worth the investment.
- My favorite pair of jeans I bought this year! (I am newly obsessed with all things MOTHER Denim.)
- I love the fit of this swimsuit and wore it all summer long. Better yet? Throw on a pair of cut-offs over it and you can sit down for lunch or cocktails looking like you’re wearing a bodysuit.
- This year I bought both the Medium Away suitcase & the Bigger Carry On and I used one of them every subsequent trip I took. They are so lightweight, the compressions section fits so much, the design is thoughtful, it is able to be locked and the ability to charge your phone from the case is literally the icing on the cake.
- Also (not pictured): this sweater, this sweater & practically all the Sezane sweaters I bought were major hits for my wardrobe.
Shop the Post:
The Perfume Collector // Mansur Gavriel Large Tote // DryBar Hair Clips (Holy Grail Beauty status) // Slip Silk Eye Mask
The Last Letter To Your Lover // Shower Cap // Acrylic Cosmetics Drawers // Steve Madden Slip On Loafers // Cold Brew Maker
M. Gemi Mary Janes // Daily Edited Box Bag // Cluse Watch // Cult Gaia Ark Bag // Drunk Elephant BabyFacial
Mother Cropped Jeans // Off the Shoulder Swimsuit // Olly Probiotics // Catbird Diamond Earrings //
Additionally I wanted to share that my favorite shopping destination Shopbop is offering an additional 25% off sale items with code JOY25 which can mean items for up to 75% off! Below are my favorite picks.
Perfect for Warm Weather Getaways:
Great Shoes & Bags:
Other Pieces Not to Miss:
p.s. what I love about winter and an easy outfit to recreate.