This week was a rollercoaster. It started out with some awesome things happening (will be sharing more soon but one is a surprise trip I’m so excited to be going on!) but by Thursday afternoon my AC unit in my apartment had broken and you guys, it is 95 degrees here this week. I mean it is SO, SO hot. I’m working on getting a resolution but also like, SOS! There are worse problems to have no doubt so I’m trying to exercise my best patience.
Overall the week was jam-packed with fun events and meetings and I ended it last night totally tuckered out but also feeling very, very lucky to be loving life so much at the moment (broken AC units aside :)).
I hope you guys are having a great weekend! Thank you so much for taking time to come & visit wit & whimsy!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Went to a really fun event with Forevermark where we got to play around with raw diamonds and learn more about how Forevermark diamonds are made. It was so fun to drool over all the beautiful stones!
- Had a great meal at The East Pole (which I’d never been to before) with my godmother.
- Got to catch up with my friend Cait while she was in town from San Francisco!
- Visited my friends at Jonathan Adler to preview their newest offerings and also what’s coming for holiday and let’s just say, “one of everything, please!”
- Tried out HigherDose which was an amazing sweat sesh with no work! (I’ll be sharing more about it in a post soon!)
- Previewed Charlotte Tilbury’s newest collection and forthcoming holiday offerings and also went to an Eve Lom press preview. They are launching a new gel cleanser that I’m so excited to try out! (Their balm cleanser is one of my favs!)
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Loved Jess’ post on how to tackle self doubt. We all deal with it!
- Grace looks so pretty in these photos.
- As someone who has a hard time unplugging on vacation, I thought these tips were interesting about how to take a vacation that actually benefits your health.
- Krystal’s photos from Scotland are stunning.
- THIS! Ha!
- Do you guys have an Alexa? Should I?
- Megan’s weekend getaway looked so beautiful!
- I loved acid exfoliants but if you’re less familiar, this is a great read.
- Mary’s outfit here is perfection with the French backdrop.
- I can’t wait to check out Lulu Frost’s new store! It looks beautiful and I adore her line.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Finally some great new arrivals from J.Crew!! I am loving this dress, this top, this skirt and this jacket. And I bought this sweatshirt (duh) and this top, too!
- Everlane introduced a bunch of really well priced tees that your wardrobe needs.
- This little black dress is under $50 and has the prettiest shoulder detail. It would be great as a work dress or could be dressed up at night!
- These flats would be great for work, too.
- Loving this little white romper.
- How pretty is the color of this bag? Love the shape of it, too.
- These slip on loafers are so cute! Great for transitioning from summer into Fall.
- This is a pretty little wrap dress.
- I love the look of these denim cutoffs.
- A great straw bag you could take from desk to drinks (and to the beach of course!)
- I adore this LBD! The hem is so unique and chic.
- Pretty scalloped flats.
- How cute is this romper!? You guys know I live for Club Monaco rompers. They are pricey but so well made and I end up wearing them constantly during the summer. (Remember this one and this one?)
- PSA: My favorite wellness oil to apply before bedtime is now 20% off! This stuff is magical and I always put it on my inner wrists before bed to aid sleep.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- What I bought from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
- Dealing with a bout of negative self talk.
- Life so far in Brooklyn.
- My July beauty edit. LOTS of obsession-worthy products in this one.
- Styling an $88 gingham skirt.
- Tips on moving to NYC.