This week was NUTS! I did so many shoots and also had a lot of items for work going on. Not to mention some work being done on my apartment. I felt like I was running around with my head cutoff and the crazy heat and humidity didn’t help either.
As for this weekend, it’s one of my last ones in the city for the summer! I’m going to seek out a fun outdoor bar and perhaps head to the beach on Sunday! Tomorrow I’m hitting up something on my bucket list in honor of celebrating my intern Kate’s 1 year anniversary on the wit & whimsy team! Follow along on Instagram to see what we’re up to ;).
Have a great weekend you guys!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Did a special shoot on the top of the Empire State Building – more to come! (Sneak peek here!)
- Caught up with a friend I met on my recent trip to France. We went to a gorgeous wine bar I’d never been to before.
- Prepped my apartment to be shot (reveal coming soon!)
- Took a few workout classes and kept up with my TA Arms routine (I feel like maybe I’m finally starting to see results!?)
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Here’s how to give your Gmail signature a makeover.
- Give your work wardrobe a refresh as you head into Fall. (I’m personally SO ready for FALL!)
- I’ve loved getting into boxing this year so this beginner’s guide was a fun read.
- Loved Misty Copeland’s letter to her 13 year old self. (Excerpt: “Don’t ever forget where you come from. But do not let other people’s words get in the way and distract or define you.”)
- 73 questions with Aziz Ansari.
- Clean beauty swaps to look into. (Psst..here are my favorite natural beauty products.)
- Bobby pin hacks!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Uh, this is the skirt of my dreams. It’s so perfect with a slouchy sweater & sneaks! Definitely need this.
- Hello, cutest straw bag ever!
- Everlane’s new lightweight dresses for summer are so pretty and practical!
- I have this choker and love it for nights out. It’s now on sale for under $10!
- These new Madewell flats are so chic (and under $100!)
- Love the scalloped hem on this dress.
- I bought this on Prime Day and it’s proven key while attempting sleep on hot summer nights.
- Just got these sunglasses. I tried them on at Saks and then found them a bit cheaper on Amazon – win!
- I love the detail on this Banana Republic dress which would be so good for work or nights out.
- I’ve been seeing this pretty top all over Instagram and may need to get it. Eyelet and bows? Yep!
- Loving this little white dress.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My favorite packing tips.
- Last chance for the Nordstrom Sale! Here’s what I bought & kept.
- Speaking of sales, so much good denim on sale here.
- My favorite perfumes.
- Sporting a pretty (and affordable) ruffled dress.
- My favorite go-to workout gear.