This week definitely had me back in the New York groove. I was running all over town and getting ready for a big client event next week as well. I’m already starting to feel like this is the start of the work marathon that will go till the end of the year – anyone else!?
This weekend I’m looking forward to enjoying the Indian summer weather, celebrating my friend’s birthday and spending time exploring pockets of my neighborhood. Do you guys have any fun plans?!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Paid a visit to the beautiful Lulu Frost showroom to see what’s coming out next year. Their new arrivals are also gorgeous.
- Caught up with girlfriends at Wallflower which is a new favorite in the West Village.
- Finished “The Ramblers” which I really enjoyed as a good, light read.
- Completed one week gluten free! It’s been ages since I kept this up and oh man the first few days are so, so hard. I am going to cheat at a friend’s birthday party tomorrow night where pizza is on the menu but it’s back to it Sunday. I think my system has been needing this less gluten / less sugar thing to try and feel a little lighter and a little more energized.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Loved these Fall looks of Jess’ and need to try both of those Parisian-inspired spots on my next trip to Chicago!
- Instagram mistakes you may be making.
- Grace put together such a good splurge vs. save for Fall. See it here!
- An interesting read on supplements. I feel like these are something I need to be better at.
- I can’t wait to check out the new New York outpost of Maison Kitsune!
- Love these photos of Alicia and her little one.
- 6 food-focused road trips. Sign me up!
- Love these small purchases to make your life better.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Love these Levi’s.
- These booties would go with practically everything in the coming months.
- Yes to this Old Navy cardigan that is only $35 and comes in so many fall ready colors.
- Loving this sweater from Ann Taylor (especially at 40% off!) Just bought the green (in a small) but loved the gray in person, too! (I just happen to have something similar from last year.)
- How cute are the sleeves on this turtleneck? Would be so cute layered under a dress or a sleeveless sweater!
- Sleek suede slip ons. And cute bow ones.
- Spotted this jacket in the Express window this week and really loved the look of it.
- The wash and them on these jeans are so good.
- I bought this trench this week and really love the “seaweed” color as it’s something my outerwear collection didn’t have before.
- Chanel look alikes in pretty suede.
- A chic take on the LBD, this dress would be perfect for the holiday season!
- This sweater is so cute and only $78!
- I’m getting excited to decorate my place for the holidays (yep, already!) and thinking of adding these pillows. Thoughts!?
- I’ve majorly built out my SHOP categories for Under $100 and Fall Favorites so don’t miss the chance to peruse them!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Budget buys to transition your closet to Fall.
- How I reset after I travel.
- The best red party dress.
- A look into my apartment.
- 10 pieces I’m loving for Fall.
- What I learned about wine in France.
- Tips on moving to NYC.