This week started out on a scary & sad note with the terrorist attack on the Westside that was all too close to home. I think New Yorkers are incredibly resilient and in being so we don’t allow fear to interrupt our day to day but man, when we are reminded of the target on this city…I wanted to cry several times this week thinking about the innocent lives lost, their families and someone so cruel attacking my beloved city.
This week I also spent a lot of time thinking about my consulting business as I’m reaching a point of needing to grow the team and it is scary and intimidating but I think I’m ready. (If you know anyone in the NYC area looking to gain experience in PR, let me know! I’m hiring a paid intern to start January 2018 and can share the job description with qualified candidates. They can email me – meghan [@] mmd-communications.com for more info.)
Anyhow this weekend holds quite a bit of work for me but I’m looking forward to a Friendsgiving at my brother’s on Sunday with a great group so that’ll be worth working towards! (By the way, super grateful to those of you who took time to respond as a result of yesterday’s post. It gave me some great ideas and I’m excited to address a few of the inquiries starting in a post next week!)
Hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend! See you back here Monday – xo.
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Flew back from California and hit the ground running with the world’s largest to-do list but powered through a lot of it with late nights which was worth it.
- Made my favorite chili recipe. It’s so easy and so delicious.
- Visited the Space NK holiday press preview. I love Space NK’s selection as it is so well edited. Their gift selection this year is insane and will launch next Tuesday so keep an eye out.
- Worked a lot.
- Relatedly, worked out said work stress at a Rumble class. I am officially totally hooked! It’s the best stress reliever.
- Ran around prepping for holiday content! I’m excited to bring you more than just gift guides this year so stay tuned for all of that – it will begin soon!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Has self care gone too far?
- Do you dry brush? I try to do it at least once a week! (Wrote about it here.)
- 200 famous women describe themselves in one word.
- Loved reading Olivia Wilde’s Top Shelf feature on Into the Gloss.
- Carly’s laid book look here is perfect.
- Couldn’t agree more about Erika’s list of great things about Autumn in New York.
- My friend Rebecca re-launched her print shop. *Cue Parisian dreams*
- This is the most popular butternut squash recipe on Pinterest.
- I want to book a few days in Montauk for this month thanks to this piece.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Mule mania! These are so cute and so are these.
- Loving this herringbone scarf. And this one!
- How cute are the new Cuyana mini bags?
- This little leather mini would be particularly great for a night out.
- Love the hem on these jeans.
- This dress looks so soft and cozy and I’d probably live in it.
- Everlane launched oversized blazers!
- The bow detail on the side makes these booties unique and chic.
- If you’re more of a flats girl, these couldn’t be more perfect for the holidays.
- Speaking of holiday dressing, my red dress from this post is now on sale! I love it so much. Such a perfect party dress.
- I saw this cape in store recently and it is so gorgeous.
- Ann Taylor marked down a bunch of their sweaters to $50 for the weekend! It includes one of my current favorites (worn in this post) but I also am loving this one and this one, too.
- These riding boots are just gorgeous. Reminder that through this link you can get $50 off your first pair of M. Gemi shoes!
- My favorite weekend / run around town / travel in sneakers are now 30% off!
- Last but not least Nordstrom just launched their Fall sale! Lots of good finds are included.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- This top has the prettiest back.
- My favorite natural beauty products.
- How to maximize living in a small space.
- This may be one of my favorite outfits this season.
- My October beauty edit.
- Scarves to love for the next few months.
- All my favorites in Los Angeles.