This week was insane! By Wednesday I felt like it should be Friday. I felt like I was racing against the clock most days to get everything I needed to get done, done. But this weekend I’m glad to have friends and family in town and hoping to minimize work and maximize time spent with them doing festive activities.
I hope you are all enjoying the weekend and thanks so much for checking out this week’s roundup!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Had the loveliest time at Grace’s for a beautiful dinner party. You can see all the photos + a cute video she put together here!
- Took Wednesday off to head uptown to get in the spirit. New York really is so wonderful this time of year!
- My brother who lives primarily in Eastern Africa arrived and it’s been the best having him in town! We had a family dinner with my other brother, his girlfriend & my godmother on Wednesday and last night went to my brother Sean’s annual Christmas party.
- Got to catch up with Hitha and Merritt over dinner.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I loved reading these royal family rules!
- New York Times’ profiles of New Yorkers like this are always some of my favorites. The final words are so spot-on…“Sometimes what somebody tells you, it will make you feel better than giving you a million dollars,” Mr. Allen said. “A million dollars might take care of something, but a word of encouragement can console more than material things.”
- Have you ever taken a personal day?
- I love Taylor’s jacket in this post.
- Travel hacks from one of the founders of AWAY luggage.
- Mackenzie’s honeymoon looks like an utter dream.
- Loved Will’s dinner party set up here.
- I always love reading about the behind the scenes of perfume creation.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- How great is this jacket? Love the price, too.
- This dress would be great for work with tights + booties.
- Same with this cute two-piece set!
- A legging called “cozy time legging“!? Pretty sure I need them.
- Loving this bag.
- How cute is this sweater!? Such a great price, too.
- The color of these Tory Burch flats is so beautiful!
- If you haven’t yet checked out BaubleBar’s gift sets, you must! They are so good.
- Love the back of this sweater & the front of this one. (Both great prices!)
- How comfy does this coat look!?
- The scalloped edge on this jumpsuit’s neckline is so pretty.
- I bet this dress would be so much fun to dance in.
- I just got this coat from my Black Friday purchases and I absolutely love it. It is so chic on.
- Also just got this and think it’ll be such a pretty way to dress up an outfit.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Great gifts all under $50.
- So many cute sweaters.
- My favorite holiday traditions.
- The December Beauty Edit.
- Gifts for the men on your list.
- Great value beauty sets that won’t be around long.
Thanks for including me! (And for coming to dinner!) XO
Was such a good time! <3 you!
Love West Elm! The party set up looks gorgeous!
She did such a beautiful job!