What a week. I think my body was recovering all week from all the indulgences in Charleston and by Tuesday I felt so run down. It’s rare these days that I feel blah or overly tired but I truly felt so exhausted and so icky all week. I’m so glad to have a weekend with no plans ahead and am also hoping I can allow myself to take a few hours off on Monday, too! (I was considering going to see Phantom Thread – anyone seen it? Worth seeing in the theatre?)
By the way if you read this post you know that new, beautiful newsletter templates are coming! I had to swap over my newsletter platform and therefore, sadly, you’ll have to re-sign up if you’d like to continue getting new post notifications in your inbox. You can do so on the homepage right sidebar under where it says “SUBSCRIBE”! You’ll then begin to get email notifications when a new post is up + a monthly special delivery of my favorite posts each month + exclusive content and giveaways, etc. I hope you’ll subscribe!
Have a wonderful weekend & I’ll see you back here on Tuesday!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Stayed up way too late finishing reading The Nightingale. It was so gut-wrenching at parts (truly I cannot imagine living through World War II – it is a haunting part of history) but I really thought it was a lovely read. It is about two sisters’ attempts to fight for France in their own ways during the war and by the end I was in full tears. A beautiful yet heartbreaking read. I’ll need to read something uplifting after that!
- Had another great meal at Lilia with a dear friend.
- Did an Instagram try on session. The pieces I tried on can all be found here – there were a lot of winners (too many – ha!) Do you guys like watching these sorts of things on Instagram?
- Started my membership at The Wing. I worked out of there yesterday and it feels so inspiring to have new spaces to get things done in.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I’m so in love with the eye makeup look in this YouTube video & learned a ton about applying eye makeup while watching. (I forget who recommended this YouTuber to me when I asked for recommendations at the beginning of the year but THANK YOU because I adore her channel.)
- I love how happy these hearts make certain parts of NYC.
- How good does this veggie lasagna sound!?
- How cute is Carly in this sweater?
- Kelly’s blog exudes so much happiness and I couldn’t love this post more.
- Shall I start a new series on the blog wherein I report back after tasting the top 50 desserts in NYC?!
- I really could relate to this piece that Jaime penned. Our eating habits in the States seem so backwards at times. I’ve been amazed at how much better I’ve been feeling making more conscious eating decisions (more vegetables, more organic protein, etc.) and truly feel like I get kicked down when I splurge nowadays (case in point: aforementioned Charleston eating indulgences.)
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This top couldn’t be more perfect for spring.
- Found: The cutest new (affordable) line of PJs.
- You know the denim brand AG? Well they just launched a line of denim exclusively with Amazon and the prices are so good! Shop it here.
- Loving these affordable sunnies.
- These flats are a great shape and great price.
- How stunning is this dress?
- These bow mules are so cute.
- Speaking of mules, these black ones would be equally great at work as for date night.
- This jacket would make the perfect spring topper.
- Anthro’s new spring home arrivals are so good.
- The scallops on this dress’ neckline make it so darling.
- This polka dot dress is calling my name for Spring!
- How darling are these flats? I love the blush pink color!
- Such cute sleeves on this striped tee that’s perfect for Spring.
- I’m seeing polka dots everywhere already for the upcoming season and this dress would be perfect for work or weekend brunch.
- This Rebecca Minkoff bag is so striking.
- Added this pretty floral dress to my cart! And this chic shirt dress.
- Everlane just launched new shades of their must-have totes!
- A classic trench that looks nicer than its price tag.
- Dreaming of warmer weather like me? Don’t miss these picks.