This week was rough for a few reasons. First of all: why do short weeks always end up feeling so long? By Wednesday I felt like it should be Friday and I was running ragged with an overly scheduled week. Secondly, I sadly had a death in my extended family. It was a wake up call to the frailty of life and left my heart heavy.
I’m spending this weekend with a variety of plans with friends and with my brother both of which will be good for my soul. I hope you have a wonderful one and I’ll see you back here next week.
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Worked on finalizing the templates for my new newsletters. Quick reminder that if you’d like to get new posts / my new forthcoming monthly newsletter in your inbox, you can sign up here! They’ll commence soon!
- Started a new work project helping the PR team for Maybelline. It’s such an iconic brand so I’m excited for this short term commitment.
- I attended a new members breakfast at The Wing and was excited to meet some new faces and do some networking in a room of inspiring women.
- I on-boarded the newest member of my team. I am thrilled to have more support!
- I hosted my first neighborhood girls get together. This was an idea I thought of last year after realizing how many awesome girls lived in my new neighborhood. We’re going to plan monthly hang outs and I’m so excited about it.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- The guy behind the Vogue “73 questions with…” series explains how it came about!
- Some ways to manage stress + worrying.
- I loved Kat’s snowy Aspen pics.
- It was moving to see these teenagers standing up for their beliefs and fighting for change.
- What is in Olympic figure skaters’ gym bags.
- Intrigued to try one of these single ingredient detox baths.
- A few tips for eating healthy at the airport (because that struggle is always real).
- I loved this list of ways to keep learning without going back to school. A few of these are already part of my weekly routine (lots of podcasts & TedTalks, travel, and French class once a week) and I see a few more I can easily partake in.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Gingham sneakers for spring!? Yes, please!
- I was so bummed when these sandals sold out so fast last month so when I saw they restocked I grabbed them immediately. They just arrived and I am OBSESSED!
- Revolve has so many cute dresses under $100.
- This sweatshirt is so much more than a sweatshirt and I love it.
- How chic is this sports bra?
- The floral print of this dress is so pretty. (And only $62!?!)
- A great bell sleeve top for an even greater price.
- Chic loafer mules for under $100.
- The perfect shorts for summer.
- These raffia earrings are so darling.
- These PJs are so pretty.
- These sunnies are chic and affordable.
- Ruffles are done right on this blouse.
- The perfect chambray shirt.
- I adore these little pom pom shorts.
- Thinking about snagging this chic trench for spring.
- This polka dot dress would be perfect for an upcoming warm weather getaway.
- This top is so versatile, comes in a four great colors, and is under $60. Win, win, win.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- How my life has changed since being self-employed.
- My favorite face oils.
- How to spend a weekend in Charleston.
- A favorite post from last Spring.
- The most Instagram worthy spots in New York.
- A recent Q&A.