This week was a busy but fulfilling one! The busy-ness will actually continue today & into the weekend as well. I’m headed today to an event with Quickbooks and Dell which I’m excited for as it is all about small businesses and growing your company! Then tonight I’m going to a dinner hosted by Create & Cultivate in advance of their Beauty Summit on Saturday which I’m also going to be swinging by. And Saturday night I’m doing a cooking class with my brother! So all in all a busy but fun weekend ahead. I also have a long list of errands I need to accomplish so Sunday I’ll be running around.
Do you guys have fun plans this weekend? I hope you do! Enjoy this week’s roundup (it is particularly robust!) and I’ll see you back here next week! xx
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Took the day off yesterday largely! I ended up working much of the evening but yesterday during the day I left my computer at home and it was just what I needed. I took myself to an early breakfast in the West Village (at one of my favorites: Buvette), walked around the village for an hour and a half, called a long distance friend and caught up, took a Pilates class and then visited a friend who recently had a baby. It was a day that really rejuvenated me after too many weeks of overcommitting myself.
- Finally got my act together and sent out my first monthly recap newsletter! (For those of you who got it … feedback!?)
- Indulged in cocktails and guac and queso at Mexicue. 85 degrees calls for cocktails, right?
- Finally got a much needed cut + color. (It had been four months…eek!) (This is my colorist in case any one is interested! I love her.)
- Had Sunday brunch at Cecconi’s. The space is BEAUTIFUL and you can’t beat their waterfront location.
- Attended a trivia night at The Wing (and proceeded to learn that Mariah Carey’s nickname in high school was MIRAGE because she was never there…hahahaha!)
- Went to Chillhouse for the first time. I loved the space but was underwhelmed by the expensive manicure.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- The best supplements for glowing skin. (This read also made me so happy I have recently added Vitamin D to my daily vitamin intake!)
- I love Merritt’s look here. She and I are going to Portugal next month and I personally plan to live in midi dresses that trip!
- The best restaurants in NYC currently.
- Some of my favorite brands (Everlane, Outdoor Voices and Away to name a few) are a direct to consumer model and I found this article about the growth of these companies across almost every industry quite fascinating.
- I always love Mary’s 30 Dresses in 30 Days series.
- This list of 101 Things to Love About New York City was a fun read. I particularly love #1, #55 (especially right now!), and #69!
- How inspiring is this girl?
- Hitha has a ton of great recommendations in her latest Hit List post.
- Curious about fake eyelashes? Read this.
- Julia looks so spring-y and cute in these photos! And same with Carly in these.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I love this little floral dress.
- Found: the perfect denim jacket.
- Finally some cute new arrivals from J.Crew! I love this little dress and this top’s darling bow detail.
- This crossbody is so chic.
- How darling are these floral sneakers?
- So much yes to this sweatshirt.
- I love these striped bow sandals.
- These earrings are so cute.
- This striped dress would be so perfect for weekends paired with little white slides or sneakers.
- This polka dot dress also fits the bill for weekends. (I just bought it!)
- Talk about an “own the room” dress!
- I love these scalloped shorts. I have them in black.
- These mules are perfect for summer.
- I’m not one usually for boho vibes but I’m liking this dress!
- The new Sezane summer collection is a dream.
- How pretty is this eyelet top?
- This dress would be so great for when you want to look put together with minimal effort this summer.
- Mango has the best affordable dresses right now! Love the classic South of France look of this one, and this similar one, too and this one is so striking. And if you love gingham like I do, this one is darling. I’d pair it with this little bag which couldn’t be cuter.
- Speaking of cute bags, BaubleBar is doing monogrammed totes now and this one would make for the perfect beach accessory.
- How cute are these party shoes!?
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- I’ve been pinning lots recently! Be sure to follow along over there if you’re not already!
- Tips on moving to NYC + finding an apartment.
- 32 things you may not know about me.
- Mother’s Day gift ideas.
- Dresses I’m loving right now (+ 2 I bought this week.)
- My Stockholm city guide!
- Things I loved in April.