Last week in London I learned the expression “shattered” which is used to describe being exhausted and I have to say that’s how I’d describe the past week! Between returning from London on Monday and battling jet lag, preparing for my move on Wednesday, actually moving and beginning the challenge of unpacking and getting organized, I am totally, utterly wiped out. This weekend I’m excited to be able to press pause on home things as I’m heading upstate tomorrow for the wedding of two good friends of mine. Let wedding season begin!
Happy June and I hope you have a great weekend ahead!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- As mentioned…I moved apartments! I’ll share a bit more on why in a post next week but I’m glad to be getting settled into my new place. Roadway Moving made the experience seamless and I’m so glad I hired them after a friend recommended them. (The movers I used last year were pretty awful and often you’re hard-pressed to find a moving company New Yorkers will recommend!)
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- My friend Merritt just launched a new travel site where you can get her detailed itineraries for amazing destinations.
- I got a kick out of this NYC Survival Kit list.
- Want to know more about makeup brushes? Here’s a fun YouTube video on them.
- For upcoming BBQs or dinner parties, I’m bookmarking these summery appetizer recipes .
- Bookmarking this updated travel guide for what’s new & great in LA (here’s my guide to a long weekend the city!).
- I’ll admit that I didn’t know some of these Amazon Prime benefits!
- I really enjoyed Carly’s thoughts on personal style.
- How dreamy does Mackenzie’s trip to Southern France look? This is a part of France I am dying to go back to.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I adore these knotted sandals. (I have the bow version and love them!)
- A pretty + affordable swimwear line.
- Any Riverdale fans out there? “Cheryl” designed these cute sunnies!
- This dress is perfect for summer weddings.
- How cute is this polka dot jumpsuit?
- These sandals are a reasonable height and come in several good color options!
- A great pair of pants for work this summer.
- How cute is this little bag?
- This top would be perfect for July 4th.
- I can’t get enough of gingham (clearly) and this dress is so cute for park days or picnics.
- How clever is this reversible swimsuit?
- It’s been forever since Banana Republic had some good new arrivals but at long last! This skirt is great for work, this jumpsuit would be perfect for weddings if you want a non-dress option and I love this dress, too.
- I need another striped top like I need a hole in my head but I like the oversized fit of this one and its under $25!
- A super cute romper that would look great paired with a hat like this for summer weekends.
- This white midi dress is so pretty. I love the scalloped ruffle detail.
- This top couldn’t be cuter and it is so affordable!
- This top is so darling.
- This dress is perfect for wedding season. (And only $65! Looks way more expensive.)
- This ladylike dress looks right up my alley.
- If you need a good go-to tote, look no further.
- In my hunt for pieces for my new place I found this site & I love their mission and selection.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- This skirt is just so fun to wear.
- Affordable pieces to update your closet for summer.
- Everything I loved in May.
- Reads I’ve enjoyed recently.
- Reflecting on two years of self employment.
- Why sometimes you need a personal day.
My gosh you have earned some downtime! Have the best weekend away!
thank you so much lady!
Where did you get that sweater?! Must have one!