On Tuesday of this week I thought it was Thursday so that pretty much sums up how my week went! Monday started slowly with a cozy day working from home as the rain poured outside and then Tuesday I hit the ground running with lots of meetings and to dos across the city through until today. I have fun plans with friends most of this weekend which will be so nice given we’ve not all been in the city at one time most of this summer!
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup – it is chock full! Have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Updated this popular post about French spots in New York City with some recent favorites.
- Did so much backend stuff for the site. As mentioned last week, my daily post emails stopped sending and it took a week of troubleshooting to get them back in action. Additionally some readers were getting error messages when trying to access the site, I was having load time issues…I could go on and on here. This is all the un-fun part of blogging that can get really overwhelming and it when it rains it POURS it always seems.
- Swung by the preview for The Last Line’s latest collection. I love their line.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I loved Joy’s tips that she shared from her life coach.
- How dreamy are these secret European villages?
- Loved Will’s entertaining tips.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 2 trailer! YESSSSS. I can’t wait for this show to come back. I’ve been re-watching Season 1 in anticipation. (Fun fact: I flew back from Paris with Rachel B. earlier this year. I think they filmed in Paris for season 2- eep!)
- I loved Grace’s affordable skincare recommendations. (I, too, love Bioderma, Indie Lee & the L’Oreal Paris peel pads.)
- Adding this Malibu hotel to my travel bucket list.
- Every episode of Sex & The City ranked.
- If you enjoyed my Portugal guides but want more detail for planning a trip, Merritt put together a massive itinerary to make planning a breeze.
- I was near tears watching this video – particularly starting around minute 9/10!
- While drooling over the new Doen fall collection this week, I also particularly enjoyed this interview with the founders.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I am full on obsessed with these leggings. I loved them so much after the first wear that I immediately bought a second pair (I wear a size 6) because they are the softest, most comfortable thing to wear in yoga. Truly they are amazing. They stay up, they don’t pinch or rub and they truly are just so soft. I can’t say enough good things about them.
- Dermstore is having a major sale! You can get loads of pricey skincare now marked down.
- How pretty are these mirrored makeup storage units?
- Also love these geode bookends.
- These loafers are a great price and come in lots of colors/patterns.
- Cuyana launched their darling circle bag in new shades.
- This sweater is a gorgeous topper for Fall outfits.
- A chic utility jacket for only $62.
- This dress sold out last year but it’s restocked for the upcoming season!
- A classic trench for under $100.
- How cute is this striped swing top?
- Love this shirt dress. I’d wear it with black suede booties.
- These slingbacks are on my wish list for Fall.
- Just ordered this jumpsuit for the dog days of summer.
- Adore these chic & affordable sunnies.
- These Soludos sneakers are really cute.
- You can never have enough striped tees – this one is a great price!
- This sleek jumpsuit is a standout.
- You’ll wear these loafers all Fall.
- I love the color of these comfy looking sandals.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- A guide to two days in Portland.
- My favorite ways to practice self care.
- The place in Portugal I enjoyed the most.
- Why I’m making a case for being less busy.
- My favorite neighborhood spots.
- My go-to recipes.
- Fall staples to wear a lot (that won’t cost a lot).
Thank you so much for kindly including my entertaining post in your mix! Have the best weekend – and stay cool. It’s.SO.Hot!
So welcome and you too, Will!!