Happy Friday! This week went by in the blink of an eye as I was on-site with a client and also able to squeeze in some catching up with some friends in San Francisco. Now I’m down South of the city and will fly back to New York Sunday. I can hardly believe tomorrow is December! This year truly has flown. I have just two weeks in New York before I’ll leave mid-month for the year. You know what that means though? Two weeks to pack in a lot of festivities. In particular I am VERY excited about Monday’s blog post. I can’t wait to share with you guys something I’ve been cooking up.
Hope you have a great weekend and keep an eye out for a special Sunday post, too!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Spent a few days in San Francisco with a client and now am further south of the city spending the weekend with my best friends from college.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I was deeply moved by this piece by Garance Dore addressing her separation. A favorite piece: ” There comes a time when, by the grace of maturity, you realize you don’t give a damn what people think anymore. That it’s much more important to live your own life than to live a fake ideal. That you’re ready to suffer through a little bit of condescension if it means finding your truth, your self-love, your creativity, your mental health, and a new world of possibilities.”
- I thought this was such an interesting read on the pressure to always be having the best weekend ever.
- This is a fun and interactive map of the NYC holiday windows.
- An interesting read on the history of NYC’s drinking culture. (Fun fact: I used to live a few doors down from McSorley’s!)
- Productivity hacks from successful women.
- Cute Parisian-inspired ornaments for your Christmas tree.
- I loved Briony’s list of things she’s grateful for (and her outfit!)
- I always enjoy browsing the NYT’s list of notable books for the year.
- Why we should all take more time when responding to emails. LOVED this.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- These are stylish yet practical boots.
- Just bought this cozy yet sporty jacket.
- This inexpensive initial necklace would be a great little stocking stuffer.
- I love the look of this cozy sweater.
- The new sweaters from Sezane are everything.
- Speaking of Sezane, this would be the perfect top for holiday festivities.
- Added some cozy new finds to The Shop!
- I recently discovered this female-founded candle brand and love this scent.
- This is a really cute sweater dress.
- Loads of fun party dresses on ASOS now.
- This bag looks like an expensive ALC one but is under $50!
- I love this chic carry-all pouch. Would make a great gift, too!
- Mango’s new arrivals are SO GOOD.
- I love the color and style of this sweater.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Great gifts for the homebody.
- Party tops + fun accessories for holiday dressing.
- A lot of things I own and have styled on the blog that are now on sale.
- Holiday shopping tips.
- Beauty products I’ve been loving of late.
- A Fall weekend in the Catskills.