Happy Friday you guys! This week was a series of sprints for me. Physically and metaphorically. I accomplished so much (and went to UPS four times. OY!) I’ve been racing to get as much work done as possible before I hop a flight out of town for the year on Monday. I also wanted to treat myself today to some time off to take in the holiday season so I’ll be uptown today doing just that. Follow along on Instagram if you’d like!
Tomorrow I’m doing some final errands and am making it a priority to check out a few fun stores happening in NYC right now! I’m going to see my favorite sheet + towel brand, Brooklinen’s new store at 119 Spring (they just launched linen sheets I can’t wait to see in-store!), and I’m going to check out The Citizenry’s West Village store and The Strategist’s pop up, too! (Both on my holiday bucket list.) Can’t believe this is my last weekend in New York for the year!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend & see you back here Monday – I’m going to be sharing my holiday playlist!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Saw the Nutcracker at Lincoln Center for the first time. It was so magical and sooo much better than I thought it was going to be! The kids and the costumes were particularly wonderful.
- Signed up to volunteer at a food bank early next month! One of my deeds as part of this campaign. I’d love to have you join in if you haven’t yet had a chance. I have prizes for participants coming up from Laura Mercier & BaubleBar! Submit your deed and you’re automatically entered to possibly win something! Two participants have already gotten goodies sent to them from Mario Badescu & Everlane!
- Hosted a white elephant holiday soiree at my apartment with some of my close girlfriends. It was so fun to warm my house this way!
- Had a drink at one of my favorite places in New York: Bemelmans Bar. It is so special! I also finally had the burger at Burger Joint – a hidden bar bar in the Parker Hotel. That place is a trip.
- Spent a ton of time writing Christmas cards for loved ones and writing notes to go along with client holiday gifts. It was exhausting!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- A fan of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel like I am? This was a fun read on how they transform the streets of NYC to shoot. (It also reveals the perfect red lipstick Midge wears when performing!)
- Need a laugh or distraction? Read the replies on this tweet.
- Some off the beaten path places to inspire your travel plans next year.
- Travel and Leisure says these are the best places to travel to in 2019.
- 11 natural remedies for anxiety.
- This was a fun read to hear how the town of Waco, Texas has been reborn thanks to the success of the show Fixer Upper. (Loved that show, btw!)
- Every Netflix holiday movie, ranked.
- I always love seeing the winners of National Geographic’s annual photo contest.
- I spotted a few of my Paris favorites in this guide.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I adore these Tory Burch bow flats.
- Speaking of Tory Burch, I love this bag that has more of an Hermes vibe to it.
- Winter fashion finds all under $200 at Shopbop. I particularly love this top, this sweater dress, this jacket and this little red dress.
- How darling is this bow belt?
- These are Sephora’s bestsellers this year.
- J.Crew’s Mercantile line is now on Amazon! Hello, J.Crew in 2 days if you have Prime! Particularly love this teddy coat, this beautiful wrap coat and this festive top.
- Speaking of J.Crew, they are running amazing sales on their site this week.
- Love the style of these jeans.
- How cute is this sweater?
- I love the feminine lace detail on this dress.
- These are a great pair of everyday boots.
- Lots of good and well-priced arrivals from this Nordstrom line. Particularly this blazer, this coat, this sweater dress (so good for the holidays!), this sweater & this scarf.
- I’m in love with Cuyana’s gorgeous new soft + cozy sweater with pretty back detail.
- Everlane is doing free 2 day shipping right now!
- Schutz finally brought back one of my all time favorite pairs of heels! I have them in red and they are so great.
- My $69 sweater from this post just got restocked! I’m wearing a Large.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Affordable holiday ensembles.
- My holiday bucket list.
- How I decorated my home this holiday season.
- A fun little game I’m playing with you guys.
- Gift ideas for the traveler in your life.
- Leather leggings styled 4 ways.
- Cute holiday jammies.