I typically have a personal rule that I don’t travel between Thanksgiving and leaving for the Christmas holiday as it allows me enough time to do all the proper Christmas festivities. This year however I had work in California and then I came down with a cold so this week I’ll be packing in a lot of festive fun! I’ve got one week left in New York for the year and I plan to make the most of it. Here’s everything I’m planning to accomplish along with this party-worthy ensemble I had the best time wearing.
- Visit Dyker Heights. This has always been on my list and yet I’ve never managed to carve out the time to go out and check out the spectacle of Christmas lights. This is going to be the year!
- Visit the cozy Eataly rooftop bar. It is transformed into a winter greenhouse this time of year.
- Visit December pop ups! There are so many this year. There’s the Dior one (checked this out the other week and it is dreamy!), the one from The Strategist and one from home goods store The Citizenry.
- Visit the new goop store for gift shopping.
- Search for new ornaments for my tree at John Derian at abc Home.
- Have a festive drink at Miracle on Ninth Street and Sleyenda. (More festive bars here.)
- Have hot chocolate at Buvette.
- Pop by the new One Kings Lane store in Soho.
- Have a drink at Bemelmans Bar. (Heading here tonight!)
Visit the Standard East Village’s Winter Garden. This is one of my favorite spots for a Winter drink.
- Do a tour of Christmas trees. The Rockefeller Center and Palace Hotel ones are the real showstoppers but there are other great ones, too! These photos were shot at the Palace so can check that off my list but will probably go back for a peek at nighttime, too!
- Buy a Diptyque holiday edition candle at Saks. (I do this every year!)
- Shop at the Union Square Holiday Market and have a mulled wine.
- Visit the new Ralph’s Coffee cart. (Check! It is so cute. Photos coming later this week!)
- Keep the good going via #SpreadKindnessSpreadJoy. I’ve had such a good time doing my deeds so far!
. . .
More Pieces Perfect for the Holidays: