I absolutely love the holiday season. Especially living in New York! The decorations across the city and all the various installations that go up make it a festive season that always puts me in the best mood. There are things I always love to do annually here in the city and then traditions I love looking forward to every year when I go home to be with family as well.
Holiday Bucket List
There’s nothing like this time of year right? Christmas music, holiday cards, hot chocolate, Christmas carols – I love the feeling of magic in the air during the Christmas season – truly the holiday spirit can’t help but have you in a good mood right?
To ensure I make the most out of the season, I always love putting together a holiday bucket list to ensure I take full advantage of everything I want to do. It serves as a fun little check list for me to tick through as we close out the end of the year.
Here’s everything I’m planning to accomplish along with this party-worthy ensemble I had the best time wearing.
- Visit Dyker Heights. This neighborhood goes all out with Christmas lights like you’ve never seen before. Definitely a bucket list moment to enjoy if you’re in the New York area. I recommend going early and bringing a hot drink to enjoy while you walk around and take in all the lights!
- Visit the cozy Eataly rooftop bar. It is transformed into a winter greenhouse this time of year.
- Visit December pop ups! There are so many this year so always check Google to find out the ones happening.
- Hand out candy canes and use them to make a fun holiday cocktail. Related: Easy Holiday Cocktails.
- Watch all my favorite holiday movies. I’ve already had The Holiday on repeat of course! What is your favorite Christmas movie?
- Buy an advent calendar. Do you have a favorite brand that makes one!?
- Search for new ornaments for my tree at John Derian at abc Home.
- Have a festive drink at Miracle on Ninth Street and Sleyenda. (More festive bars here.)
- Have hot chocolate at Buvette.
- Have a drink at Bemelmans Bar. This spot is one of my all time favorites in the city – especially during the Christmas season.
Visit the Standard East Village’s Winter Garden. This is one of my favorite spots for a Winter drink.
- Do a tour of Christmas trees. The Rockefeller Center and Palace Hotel ones are the real showstoppers but there are other great ones, too! These photos were shot at the Palace so can check that off my list but will probably go back for a peek at nighttime, too!
- Hot Cocoa Crawl – I want to try all the best hot chocolates in New York City.
- Buy a Diptyque holiday edition candle at Saks. (I do this every year!)
- Shop at the Union Square Holiday Market and have a mulled wine.
- Visit the Ralph’s Coffee cart. They always decorate it in the most festive of manners and I love that they do limited edition festive coffee cups, too. Don’t miss getting one of their delicious cruellers while you’re there!
- Secret Santa with friends. We do this virtually since we can’t all be together!
- Keep the good going via #SpreadKindnessSpreadJoy. I’ve had such a good time doing my deeds so far!
- Send out Christmas cards. I do this every year and always enjoy doing so!
- Make a Gingerbread House. It’s been ages since I’ve done this but think it is such a fun and crafty offline activity I want to take on this year!
- Ice Skating. NYC has some great ice skating rinks – I love the one at Rockefeller Center under the beautiful Rockefeller Center Christmas tree and also the one in Central Park and the one in Bryant Park’s Winter Village. Hope to take a spin on one of them this season.
- Bake Christmas cookies. We always make spritz cookies and decorate sugar cookies annually in my family. And I always, always make the star cookies – peanut butter cookies adorned with chocolate kisses.
I would love to know – what is on your holiday bucket list this season? It is always so fun to see what others love doing every holiday season.
. . .