Woah, what a week. The first full week of the new year is always a doozy, isn’t it? My week was packed with meetings, conference calls, getting back to working out and seeing friends for fun plans. Each day brought an early morning and a late night. It was a lot but felt nice to be back in the groove. Needless to say, I’m super ready for the weekend!
I hope you guys have a wonderful one & I’ll see you back here on Monday!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I built out an Amazon-specific shop! You can find it as a subcategory of The Shop here on wit & whimsy or directly on Amazon.com here. I had so much fun building this out. All the items featured are things I own, use and love. (It also includes a bunch of books I’ve really enjoyed reading in the past year or so.)
- Made some other tweaks to the site, too. I updated the banner items (scroll through for all the new posts featured) and also made the main navigational menu a bit more functional. (Side note: I’ve been blogging 12 years now and I still get so proud of myself when I figure out how to do backend things without asking my dev team!)
- Per my 2019 goals, I signed up for a wine shipment! I am testing out Winc. If you want to try them out, too you can get $22 off your first 4 bottles of wine using this link. Not bad for all the Winter nights we have ahead of us, ha!
- Binged Bodyguard on Netflix. It was SO good you guys! The perfect thriller.
- Re-started the BBG workout program. Woof. I was so sore following the workouts as I hadn’t done any working out except yoga since pretty much mid-November! My full review of BBG 1.0 is going live next week – stay tuned! Before + After photos will be included.
- Saw Mean Girls on Broadway and it was so good! Really funny + witty and well done. Highly recommend it!
- Started speaking to New York Cares about a group volunteering outing! If you missed it on Instagram, a reader asked if I’d consider doing this and then over 100 of you voted that you’d want to join! I’ll keep you guys posted as it comes together but I’m so excited about the prospect of it!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- 11 ways to wind down. (I’m super intrigued by that sleep coach!)
- I really appreciated Jess’ sentiments in the upfront of her new year post.
- Wellness trends you’ll hear a lot about this year.
- Spots for solo female travelers.
- An interesting read on whether wealth is a key contributor to good skin.
- Speaking of beauty, the rising popularity of baths. (Here are my bath time favorites.)
- How amazing is this “pocket” closet? Perfect for New Yorkers! (Thanks to my BFF’s mom for sending to me!)
- My friend Caitlin posted a great 3 days in Paris post from her very first trip the city. I’m so glad she went and her photos already had me wanting to return. (Here’s my ideal 3 days in Paris, btw!)
- Here is a fun guide to NYC’s Upper East Side neighborhood.
- Pretty excited about my new neighbors.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- These Nikes are what my neutral outfit dreams are made of.
- Outdoor Voices just marked down a bunch of their leggings!
- I can’t stop wearing this sweater. I love the little sporty details and it is so soft and cozy. Highly recommend sizing up though as I wear it in a Large vs. my usual Medium.
- Ooo Mansur Gavriel’s newest bag is so cute!
- Nordstorm just launched a great travel pop up shop online! So many good things including exclusive colors of Away suitcases!
- I love a short sleeve sweater and this one is darling.
- I cannot say enough good things about this scarf. I got it in gray just before Christmas and have been wearing it non-stop. It is so thick and amazing.
- How chic are these hoops? (I’m really coming around to the style!)
- Speaking of hoop earrings, I got these last month and love how dainty they are.
- This sweater is such a great color.
- The bow sandals I wore to death last summer just came back for the season!
- This new-to-me swimwear brand has SUCH fun suits.
- I am in LOVE with this striped sweater.
- This is a great dress for work.
- This super popular top that sold out right away is now back in stock! *adds to cart*
- This sweater is the definition of cozy chic.
- The wash on these Levi’s is perfect for Spring.
- This sleep set is so darling for Spring/Summer.
- One of my favorite skincare brands, Mario Badescu, has just launched at Sephora online!