Happy Friday you guys! This week featured a lot of plans and therefore short windows of time to get things done. It was a good and productive one though and tonight I’m excited for the plans to continue as I’m heading to the ballet tonight! I mentioned in this post I had wanted to do it and then a sweet reader reached out letting me know about a special Art Series they do with an art exhibit and discounted tickets. I nabbed two when they went on sale and am so grateful for her insider info! I also have plans with my friend Alicia while she is in town this weekend and a baby shower so it’s going to be a busy but fun weekend!
This week’s roundup is a big one! I hope you enjoy it and your weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Watched the Netflix series “7 Days Out” and was amazed at the episode on Chanel’s Haute Couture show. It was amazing and I almost cried seeing the work and dedication that goes into the beautiful garments and the runway show itself. Highly recommend it!
- Saw the Broadway musical Dear Evan Hansen again. I couldn’t love it more. If you have the opportunity to see it, I can’t recommend it enough.
- Caught up with Carly over sweets at Laduree and a visit to the Frick Collection. The museum is beautiful and it had been a while since my last visit. (And pro-tip they do “pay what you wish” hours on Wednesday afternoons!)
- Shot some photos I’m very excited to share. They were taken at a place I’ve wanted to shoot at for years but always shied away from.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I enjoyed this read on the importance of boredom that my mom sent me. It reminded me of a TED Talk I loved last year that led me to pen this.
- I always look forward to seeing what fun, conceptual shoots Krystal comes up with and her first installment of a Funny Face series (one of my favorite movies of all time!) is just lovely. I think it is incredible that she and Igee are recreating some of the best scenes and I can’t wait to see the rest of the photos.
- What Victoria Beckham can’t live without. (Fascinating!)
- Did you read Woman in the Window? I LOVED it but woah, this read about the author. I was riveted!
- Things to do when it is really cold.
- Grace shared great tips for red eyes. Couldn’t agree more with her about securing a window seat and having a wrap/scarf with you. The one I bring on every flight can be found here.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- The Spanx velvet leggings I keep wearing this winter (and from this post) are fully back in stock! I own them in Medium.
- Also back is a very similar version of one of my favorite spring jackets. The olive color isn’t done justice online – it is gorgeous in person! (Wearing a Medium). P.S. Meghan Markle owns it in olive, too!
- And so is this skirt I wore in this post! (Wearing a 6).
- I won’t be able to wear this top due to my larger chest but I love it so much! Would be so cute with jeans + pumps.
- This is such a chic jumpsuit you could dress up for weddings or work events or layer with a turtleneck for year round seasonality.
- These Instagram famous workout leggings are finally restocked.
- I own this trio of books and love how it looks styled on my dresser alongside my jewelry and perfume. It’s now back in stock!
- Just added this darling swimsuit to my cart for next month’s trip to LA & Palm Springs!
- I think this colorblocked neutral Tory Burch bag is just beautiful.
- Speaking of colorblocked, if you love the Chanel two-tone flats, here’s a more affordable option.
- I’m coming around to hoop earrings and love the detail on these.
- I’m really into jeans with exposed buttons at the moment and love the look of these $80 Topshop ones. (Topshop makes great jeans!)
- Woah! Nordstrom is now carrying some Club Monaco items.
- I also saw Nordstrom is now carrying one of my favorite British home/bath/clothing brands: The White Company. Their stuff is so great.
- Love the sleeve detail on this $50 sweater.
- This is a cute yet cozy cardigan. (Also a good price!)
- I adore this hooded (!!!) trench coat.
- This sports bra is so chic (seriously, though!) I just added it to my cart.
- How gorgeous is this top for a date night?
- How chic are these cap toe sling back flats?
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Reflecting on lessons learned after eight years living in NYC.
- Everything I bought & loved last year.
- How I save my skin + hair this time of year.
- My favorite jeans and my favorite shoes.
- My career tipping point.
- So much good loungewear.
- My Bikini Body Guide Workouts results.
[Image via this post]
wow, thanks for posting that feature about Dan Mallory (A.J. Finn), the author of “The Woman in the Window” — it was FASCINATING. I really loved the book, and this article about him was just eye-opening.
A riveting read, right!? Glad you enjoyed.
Aw! Thank you so much, Meghan for including me! I know how much you love Audrey Hepburn too, so this means the world!
Have loved the series SO much!!