This weekend my plan is to prioritize downtime. After a jam packed weekend with visitors last weekend and an overly scheduled work week, I am so ready to c-h-i-l-l. I want to get a pedicure, start a new book, catch up on podcasts, take a hot bath, cook, organize my closets and hang with friends. I’m also taking a boxing class with my brother and am hopeful to take advantage of the forecast for Sunday that is calling for near-70 degree weather – woot!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Went to support my friend Grace at the first live show of her Bad on Paper podcast. It was such fun!
- Went back to acupuncture and also got my first cupping treatment. Really working to prioritize my self care right now. (Here’s more about why.)
- Finally checked out The Campbell (of Gossip Girl fame) and it is such a cool spot to get a drink!
- Finished Week 22 of BBG! (And here is my updated Workout Playlist that you guys helped revamp via Instagram!) Also went to hot yoga and a boxing class.
- Updated the Seasonal Favorites shop with so many cute Spring things! I also updated My Favorites shop!
- Finally got back to planning my June trip to Provence with Merritt! We had so much fun traveling to Portugal last summer that we’re going to do a week in Provence together. I haven’t been to Provence since 2005 so I cannot wait. We’re hopeful we get to bask in some poppy and lavender fields! I’ll go to Paris for a weekend after Provence for my birthday as I had hoped!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Tips for managing anxiety.
- Victoria dropped loads of good advice if you’re interested in starting a small business. (Relatedly, here is my advice for preparing for self employment.)
- Safety tips for when you use ride share services like Lyft and Uber.
- Pasta recipes that celebrate Spring.
- My friend Hitha is doing a brilliant newsletter of loads of informative links every week called #5SmartReads. The series started on Instagram where she shares five interesting reads every morning on Stories and then on the weekend she sends all the links together in one great newsletter. Highly recommend signing up!
- Loved this read about Schitt’s Creek (one of my absolute favorite TV shows!) and how they are redefining important topics on TV.
- How to find a sports bra that fits.
- How do you define success? I really enjoyed this piece that looks at it through a few different lenses.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Gap for the win with so many cute new arrivals! I love this jumpsuit, this dress, this dress, these jeans and this cute straw tote.
- Want to get into clean beauty a bit more? This is a great starter kit from Net a Porter.
- Buying this J.Crew dress pronto. This top is also so cute.
- Everlane’s new wrap dress is perfect for work. And they also just dropped so many pretty Spring colors of their popular flats.
- Mango has become one of my favorite places to shop and this weekend they are doing 25% off dresses (so many good ones!), shoes & tops! I also just learned they have plus size options for dresses and tops!
- Speaking of dresses, this one under $100 is great and so is this one.
- This navy top is so cute with white jeans. Also love this top by the same brand.
- Love these Saint Laurent inspired slides for summer.
- M.Gemi’s new sneakers are so chic and look so comfortable. (They’re similar to my favorite sneakers but half the price!) They also just launched a lower heel height of their most popular heel! So chic.
- This $49 polka dot dress is darling.
- This jumpsuit is so chic and would be great for a wedding.
- I love an under $100 spring dress.
- So many cute new Sam Edelman shoes just dropped.
- This coin necklace would be so pretty with Spring & Summer dresses.
- Cuyana’s new Spring collection is full of beautiful pieces.
- Loving this perfect summer sweater from J.Crew and this dress and this perfect chambray shirt.
- I need another pair of distressed jeans like I need a hole in my head but these are so good & only $40.
- This romper is so chic.
- You’ll live in this classic white shirt dress all summer long.
- Just bought this white denim jacket to pair with my printed and floral dresses all summer (also comes in plus size). Also I spotted these scalloped shorts while in LOFT and they are so darling!
- Speaking of jackets, Madewell just brought back the surplus jacket I wore all of last summer and Fall! I love mine (which I wear in a Medium). You can see it styled here.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- All my favorite spots in London.
- My hair color journey.
- Things I’ve bought and loved recently.
- My guide to Copenhagen.
- Tips for part time bloggers.
- The workout that has changed my body.
- A brief history of my time in NYC.
- How to be your own best date.
Thank you so much for sharing my post, Meghan! Have a fab weekend!!
My pleasure! Hope you had a great weekend!