Wow, this week. Was it a long one! This was very much my status (thank you to the follower on Instagram who sent me that piece!) I started my Monday with a rotted out kitchen sink pipe rendering me no running water in the kitchen (and no dishwasher as well as a result) for three days. It involved visits from my landlord then a visit from a very chatty plumber and a shake up on my schedule. It did get resolved though for which I am grateful! But man, this week was also just so busy and over scheduled that I found myself so, so very tired. (And I hardly ever describe myself as tired!) I was barely able to keep my eyes open at various points of the week. So, needless to say, I am r-e-a-d-y for the weekend! I’ll be having dinner with friends tonight, celebrating a friend’s birthday tomorrow night and am hopeful we’ll have some good weather to enjoy the outdoors, too.
I hope you guys have a great weekend! Enjoy the roundup.
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I read this book in one night last Friday! Such a good, light + frothy read.
- Checked out such a fun art exhibit for CJ Hendry’s newest work. It’s such a cool idea to get people into the gallery – highly recommend you checking it out before it closes on April 21st!
- Went to a fun event with Olay who produced a funny + quirky musical on Broadway for one night only.
- Celebrated Dudley Stephens‘ pop-up on Bleecker! It’s so cute if you have the chance to check it out.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- How to be a better listener.
- Turns out Meghan Markle and I have the same favorite tinted moisturizer. Seriously it is the best. I’ve tried so many and keep coming back to this one. It’s got the best finish and gives such a natural glow. It’s like putting a soft filter on your face. I wear the shade Blush.
- Have a little one? Rent the Runway is now renting for kids! Love this idea for special occasions.
- So happy my friend Kat moved back to NYC!
- The most nutritious foods.
- A bunch of helpful hacks for Google calendar.
- Great cheap eats in NYC.
- I loved seeing Carly’s review of BBG 2.0! Her sentiments are my sentiments largely about the 2.0 vs. 1.0 program. Also very jealous of her arm progress haha! I have heard arms are largely genetic and hard to change which I think is the case for me. Definition is nearly impossible for me to build but I do know I’m a lot stronger in my upper body than before I started BBG. I have 1 more week to go to complete 2.0!
- I love what Everlane is doing with the New York Times to raise awareness around climate change.
- This was a really interesting read on the validity of common clean beauty claims.
- And speaking of clean beauty, I also really enjoyed Bad on Paper‘s interview this week with Indie Lee.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- It’s the last day to shop the Shopbop sale! Here’s what I recommend you look at buying.
- I just bought this dress for my trip to Provence in June. I lived in my linen Reformation dresses last summer. They were worth every penny given how much I wore them. The size 8 was perfect on me. (I’m usually a size 6 in most brands.)
- These nude flats are so chic and only $99!
- Fellow blogger Rachel Parcell launched her collection on Nordstrom this week and the pieces are beautiful!
- I adore these heels!
- How darling is this jumpsuit?
- Love a little white dress and this one is so cute!
- Everlane has launched the perfect summertime activity hoodie. So good for summer nights after the sun goes down!
- This top is so flattering and would look so good tucked into jeans or a skirt.
- This is such a pretty and feminine top. Love this one, too.
- Boyfriend jean season is back! Loving these.
- You guys know I love eyelet so much. This top is beautiful and so my style to pair with jeans.
- I love gingham and this blazer is such a fun way to make the pattern a bit more chic.
- J. Crew is 40% off this week – I’m loving this floral dress, this eyelet midi dress, and these high waisted shorts.
- Chic makeup storage right this way.
- This is a cute bodysuit for Spring / Summer.
- I’ve shared how much I like the Summer Fridays Jet Lag mask to use as a layer of hydration when I’m flying and now I’m thrilled they launched the mini size for permanent availability!
- Lou & Grey’s new arrivals have me willing summer weather and slow summer weekend days spent out exploring.
- I love to keep greeting cards at the ready and this British brand has a ton of cute & funny ones.
- I also love this top from the same brand, so my style.
Ooh I love Oliver Bonas; their stationery and homewares are always so fun!
Hope you have the most lovely, restful weekend and that next week is a much better one!
Sending lots of love xoxo
Thank you sweet friend!
LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL THESE!! You look so pretty in all the looks! Love ??the tips and ideas as always!