Wow, this week. Was it a long one! This was very much my status (thank you to the follower on Instagram who sent me that piece!) I started my Monday with a rotted out kitchen sink pipe rendering me no running water in the kitchen (and no dishwasher as well as a result) for three days. It involved visits from my landlord then a visit from a very chatty plumber and a shake up on my schedule. It did get resolved though for which I am grateful! But man, this week was also just so busy and over scheduled that I found myself so, so very tired. (And I hardly ever describe myself as tired!) I was barely able to keep my eyes open at various points of the week. So, needless to say, I am r-e-a-d-y for the weekend! I’ll be having dinner with friends tonight, celebrating a friend’s birthday tomorrow night and am hopeful we’ll have some good weather to enjoy the outdoors, too.
I hope you guys have a great weekend! Enjoy the roundup.
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I read this book in one night last Friday! Such a good, light + frothy read.
- Checked out such a fun art exhibit for CJ Hendry’s newest work. It’s such a cool idea to get people into the gallery – highly recommend you checking it out before it closes on April 21st!
- Went to a fun event with Olay who produced a funny + quirky musical on Broadway for one night only.
- Celebrated Dudley Stephens‘ pop-up on Bleecker! It’s so cute if you have the chance to check it out.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- How to be a better listener.
- Turns out Meghan Markle and I have the same favorite tinted moisturizer. Seriously it is the best. I’ve tried so many and keep coming back to this one. It’s got the best finish and gives such a natural glow. It’s like putting a soft filter on your face. I wear the shade Blush.
- Have a little one? Rent the Runway is now renting for kids! Love this idea for special occasions.
- So happy my friend Kat moved back to NYC!
- The most nutritious foods.
- A bunch of helpful hacks for Google calendar.
- Great cheap eats in NYC.
- I loved seeing Carly’s review of BBG 2.0! Her sentiments are my sentiments largely about the 2.0 vs. 1.0 program. Also very jealous of her arm progress haha! I have heard arms are largely genetic and hard to change which I think is the case for me. Definition is nearly impossible for me to build but I do know I’m a lot stronger in my upper body than before I started BBG. I have 1 more week to go to complete 2.0!
- I love what Everlane is doing with the New York Times to raise awareness around climate change.
- This was a really interesting read on the validity of common clean beauty claims.
- And speaking of clean beauty, I also really enjoyed Bad on Paper‘s interview this week with Indie Lee.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- It’s the last day to shop the Shopbop sale! Here’s what I recommend you look at buying.
- I just bought this dress for my trip to Provence in June. I lived in my linen Reformation dresses last summer. They were worth every penny given how much I wore them. The size 8 was perfect on me. (I’m usually a size 6 in most brands.)
- These nude flats are so chic and only $99!
- Fellow blogger Rachel Parcell launched her collection on Nordstrom this week and the pieces are beautiful!
- I adore these heels!
- How darling is this jumpsuit?
- Love a little white dress and this one is so cute!
- Everlane has launched the perfect summertime activity hoodie. So good for summer nights after the sun goes down!
- This top is so flattering and would look so good tucked into jeans or a skirt.
- This is such a pretty and feminine top. Love this one, too.
- Boyfriend jean season is back! Loving these.
- You guys know I love eyelet so much. This top is beautiful and so my style to pair with jeans.
- I love gingham and this blazer is such a fun way to make the pattern a bit more chic.
- J. Crew is 40% off this week – I’m loving this floral dress, this eyelet midi dress, and these high waisted shorts.
- Chic makeup storage right this way.
- This is a cute bodysuit for Spring / Summer.
- I’ve shared how much I like the Summer Fridays Jet Lag mask to use as a layer of hydration when I’m flying and now I’m thrilled they launched the mini size for permanent availability!
- Lou & Grey’s new arrivals have me willing summer weather and slow summer weekend days spent out exploring.
- I love to keep greeting cards at the ready and this British brand has a ton of cute & funny ones.
- I also love this top from the same brand, so my style.