On the road again! I’m heading down to DC this morning as Modus Hotels was kind enough to invite me down to check out one of their properties and I’m excited to spend time in the city as it is has been about 4-5 years since I’ve been in that nation’s capital! I had to fit five days of work into three days this week to accommodate my travel schedule but it was worth it! I maximized my time this week and am ready to spend a fun weekend exploring.
Just a friendly reminder that you can get all my new blog posts + a special curated end of month look back newsletter when you sign up here. Already on the list? Maybe you have a friend who would like wit & whimsy!? I’d love for you to help me spread the love! I am working hard to try and grow the reach of the blog to help continue support my 4-5x per week content!
Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for popping by to enjoy this week’s roundup and thank you for supporting w&w!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Flew back to NYC after spending a long weekend in California. The sunshine and friend time did my soul good!
- Announced my upcoming volunteering opportunity with New York Cares! I have one spot left in case you want to join. Details & sign up here.
- Took a photography lesson from my friend Julia. She’s a talented photographer (and the first friend I made through The Wing) and was kind enough to spend a few hours with me teaching me how to shoot in Manual mode. I used to know how to do this years ago but grew lazy and always shoot in Auto when I travel and it was driving me crazy that I no longer had the skill. I’m feeling empowered to try and get the shots right now Manually!
- Attended a beautiful breakfast with L’Occitane.
- I updated the Spring/Summer and Under $100 portions of The Shop! So.much.goodness!
- Got to get a sneak peek of the Camp: Notes on Fashion new exhibit at The Met. It’s fun and outlandish fashion and definitely worth a visit.
- Road tested these new Everlane sandals and you guys, they are so comfy. They feel like a socially acceptable slipper to be worn all summer!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- My friend Alicia was so sweet to include me in a series on her blog. If you want to read a bit more about my life in Brooklyn Heights head here.
- How to be less critical of yourself. (Related: How I handle negative self-talk.)
- Some natural beauty brands to put on your radar.
- Curious about how bloggers make money? Jess did an awesome post on it. (And I appreciate how she outlines how your support helps us continue to produce the amount of content we do!)
- Morocco is on my wanderlust list so I soaked up all of Carin’s photos from the beautiful Dior Cruise Show.
- How to get a hotel room upgrade.
- I love following style reporter Elizabeth Holmes on Instagram for her “So Many Thoughts” series on all things Royals and enjoyed this post from her about new baby Archie!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This sunny camisole from J.Crew is so cute.
- Love the detail on this tee!
- This wrap dress would be great for work this summer and is only $59!
- I love long sleeve dresses and this Madewell one is a fun print.
- This little straw bag is darling.
- And so is this $40 one!
- This blouse is gorgeous.
- Want some jewels to up your summer style? BaubleBar is having a sale on nearly everything!
- This romper has my name all over it.
- Chic + casual Madewell jeans in a great wash.
- Pink gingham PJs for summer, yes please!
- I love this wrap skirt in such a happy color + print.
- You guys know I love a good tweed jacket for this time of year. Adding this $98 one to my list!
- This maxi dress has such pretty detail.
- How cute is this puff sleeve tee?
- How my style is this pretty blouse? Adding to my cart, pronto.
- Darling pearl clips. (More cute hair accessories here.)
- How gorgeous is this gingham dress?
- Cuyana’s new leather sandals are so chic.
- Speaking of shoes, Reformation launched their first shoe collection! My favorites are these espadrilles and these sandals.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Sharing my results from a personality test.
- The most Instagram-worthy spots in London.
- Follow up thoughts on being single in your 30s.
- Things I’ve bought and loved recently.
- My favorite wine-delivery service.
- My all-time favorite spots in NYC.
- How (and why) to be your own best date sometimes.
- How I reset after traveling.
Love that post from your friend Jess. So interesting to learn a bit more details about how blogging works!
Yes I think it is great to be more transparent about how it all works on the back end! There’s a LOT more to it than just getting posts live!