This week was a bit of a doozy. I worked late almost every single night thanks to a variety of deadlines, projects and a to do list that ran long after my time in Nantucket last week. It was also beastly hot which was zapping my energy levels in a major way. By yesterday I was battling a bad headache which I’m sure was a result of the heat and humidity and my stress levels. Alas, hi, Friday! Happy to see you.
A quick aside that the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale public access opens today (yay!) at 12:30 ET so keep an eye out for my picks shortly! I plan to have them live just a few moments before 12:30 EST. Last year they added loads of styles for Public Access so I am pumped to share my finds with you guys! UPDATE: They are now live 🙂
Enjoy this week’s round up (it’s a biggie!) and have a great weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Thanks to a reader reminder, I finally started the Excel directory of single ladies looking to meet & hang out with other single ladies! It took up a lot more of my week than I anticipated (lol) but if you want to be added email me (meghan [@] witwhimsy.com) your full name, age and nearest city and I’ll add you to the list and send you the link. Feel free to share with your friends, too! It grew to over 50 people in under 24 hours and I so hope this makes some great connections! For now I will be populating it so the document will not be collaborative. Also I will not be facilitating the meet ups so if you are a part of the doc and want to hang out with the other ladies in your city, start an email thread! And of course let me know about it 🙂 (Related: On Friendship.)
- Updated my workout playlist which was a much needed refresh for during my BBG workouts. Hard to believe I’ve been doing them for a year now! I did Legs on Monday but then my busy week and the heat zapped my motivation and I’ll admit I didn’t get to Arms OR Abs. Le sigh…
- I was so moved by the love on this Instagram. It really made my heart full!
- Checked out the Holiday preview from Talbots and man did it get me SO excited for the season. I am someone who absolutely LOVES Fall & the Holidays more than any other time of year. They are also launching a line of Talbots at Home loungewear pieces and things like cozy blankets and eye masks. Can’t wait for you guys to see them!
- Went to FaceLove to experience Bastide’s new skincare products! They launched a gorgeous clay mask and a face oil and I loved both when I experienced them. This brand is just beautiful and makes for beautiful gift ideas, too if you’re in the market. Also if you’re in NYC, I highly recommend FaceLove – the treatment was divine and so relaxing!
- Started reading this highly anticipated book and I’m already loving it! So mysterious!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- This in-depth look at how Paris’ Notre Dame nearly collapsed by The New York Times gave me chills and once again brought tears to my eyes to remember what we almost lost. I have heard the structure is still very fragile and additional parts could still collapse but to see, in detail, how the firefighters worked and strategized to save the cathedral from full ruin was truly moving.
- I loved seeing Grace and Krystal – two fellow bloggers I’ve known for nearly a decade at this point (!) – in a column on The Atlantic about friendship.
- 10 trips that are best for solo travelers. (Love this!)
- Also travel related: Travel + Leisure just came out with their annual World’s Best rankings. I always love perusing this list!
- Trader Joe’s skincare products, ranked.
- You know I love Garance’s relationship posts (she inspired me to write this post!) so of course I loved her recent post on being single.
- 47 summer pasta recipes from the New York Times. Yum!
- Lessons learned from acupuncture.
- A Gossip Girl reboot on the way!? Woohoo!
- Bookmarking this guide to making your own salad dressings.
- Hearst exec Kate Lewis shares some great advice on to-do lists.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- My all-time favorite sweatpants that I have in two colors are finally restocked.
- Shopbop just marked down a bunch of wear-now items. I spotted these sandals, these denim shorts, these Madewell jeans, these sandals, this tee dress, this pretty lace top, these jeans, these white jeans and this pretty off the shoulder top.
- I love these versatile suede booties that would transition well for multiple seasons.
- Everlane brought back their bodysuits!! I have this one (in white in a size Large) and love it.
- I happened to look at the Boden catalog that arrived in my mailbox and spotted SO many cute items! This easy, breezy dress, this pretty midi dress, this striped tee, and this one in so many cute colors, this darling lace top that is so my style, this versatile sweater, this pretty lace sweater and this belt.
- Also from Boden and available at Nordstrom: this sunshine-y dress! And this perfectly polka dotted dress.
- This new Reformation dress is gorgeous. So is this one.
- How pretty is this nightgown? Perfect for hot summer nights.
- I absolutely love this romper cover up for beach days.
- H&M has loads of good new arrivals. I spotted this flattering swimsuit (which now I want after being SO impressed with the quality of this swimsuit I bought from them!), this comfy tee dress for just $15, this beautiful top, this pretty midi skirt, this midi-dress with cute tie-sleeve detail, this blazer perfect for work, this cozy oversized cardigan and this chic plaid blazer.
- Three super cute dresses from J.Crew Factory here, here & here.
- My favorite stripe shirt of all time is now on sale!
- Speaking of sales, everything I’m wearing in this outfit is now marked down!
- This is a chic travel cosmetics case I heard a beauty YouTuber recently recommend.
- A super cute smocked dress.
- Love this one piece swimsuit (under $100!).
- Never knew I needed a sleeping romper but the concept sure looks darn cozy!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Exploring Eze and Villefranche Sur Mer.
- A bunch of my Amazon favorites.
- How I spent my birthday weekend in Paris.
- How I survive summers in NYC.
- What I wore in Nantucket.
- Two (affordable) pairs of jeans I can’t stop wearing.
- A beautiful day in the French Riviera.
- Books I’m going to read this summer.
Nordstrom. I thought I remembered from last year they added new stuff to the sale not advertised during early access. Thanks for confirming I am not losing my memory. The sale has really discouraged me from shopping with them because it seems like a game. Thank you for your content! Will check back @ 12:30
Yes hopefully it is the same this year! I couldn’t tell as of this AM but I’ll update my 12:30 post if it is the case! Hope the post is helpful to you!
Oh goodness, I’m not sure I can make it all the way through that Notre Dame article. I’m Protestant, but I adore cathedrals and that one is just so special. Just thinking of all the history wrapped up in this one building is a bit awe-inspiring. Thanks for sharing!
Glad I am not the only one getting emotional about churches over here! Awe-inspiring is one of the best ways I, too, can explain Notre Dame <3