This week was a tough one for me. I had a severe case of anxiety settle in on Sunday and I couldn’t shake it despite my best efforts. I wasn’t sleeping well and my anxiety remained in over drive for much of the week. I was too ambitious with everything I tried to fit in during the week and then was left feeling frantic and depleted each day. Needless to say I am so happy it is Friday.
I am popping down to DC on Sunday morning and then driving with friends to Maryland for a few days. I’m going to be doing a limited posting schedule so I can really enjoy some R&R and QT so there will be fewer posts next week.
Enjoy this week’s roundup and have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Took my first DanceBody class! I put on my summer bucket list that I wanted to try something out of my comfort zone and decided DanceBody should be it given dance of any kind totally intimidates me.
- Began plotting more of my November Australia trip. I really, really wanted to make Whitsundays be a part of it but decided against it once budgeting things out. I am bummed to miss seeing it with my own eyes but given it is strictly a beach destination and with my recent news, I decided the added cost wasn’t worth it at this time. It does however give me extra time in Sydney (I’m also going to Melbourne) so I’m going to look forward to filling up that time. Have Sydney or Melbourne recs for me? I’d love to hear them!
- Took time to read all the amazing testimonials many of you left after my request in last week’s roundup! I think my heart swelled in size reading them. If you took time to leave a testimonial, THANK YOU! I was truly touched at the lovely things that were said.
- Updated my Best Places to Get Pampered guide. (Thanks to a reader who prompted me to do so!)
- I also updated the Seasonal Favorite shop to begin to transition it to Fall. SO ready for my favorite season!! AND I finally updated my Favorites shop. These are all items I own.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Work from home tips I agreed with. (Mine are here.)
- Want to get more invested in clean beauty? I just learned that Follain has a handy skin quiz that helps match you with the products that are best suited for you and your skin needs!
- I’ve been eating peaches practically every other day and I am dying to try this tomato, peach & whipped goat cheese salad.
- Speaking of food, here are 27 no-cook recipes to make when it is really hot out.
- Did you see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood? If so, here is a fun read about how the looks for the film were developed.
- Are some of your skincare products actually hurting your skin? Read this to find out.
- Merritt has a great post on dressing for your body type.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- The cute headband I wore here is now on sale (and comes in loads of colors!)
- Remember this Gap blazer I styled here? They just came out with a near identical one! I size down in Gap and took mine in size 4.
- My beloved Bose noise-cancelling headphones are $50 off! This rarely happens.
- My all time favorite summer dress is part of Reformation’s sale. I have it in 2 colors and it so, so flattering on. See it here, here. I have it in size 10 and I had the straps shortened a bit by a tailor. Also the white Reformation dress I wore in this post is part of the sale in a bunch of colors/patterns. I have it in a size 8. See all sale items here.
- J.Crew just came out with a very similar version of one of my favorite sweaters worn here & here.
- Love love this reversible sherpa jacket. Reminds me of this one I own & love! Also love this sherpa vest!
- This best-selling teddy coat is back for the upcoming Fall season!
- How good are these high waisted black Madewell jeans?
- I adore these pretty, dainty pearl barrettes.
- How chic are these workout leggings?
- It has been so warm and muggy out that I’ve not been able to stand my usual workout pants for classes and walks so I just bought the shorts version of my all-time favorite yoga and lounging leggings. Speaking of the Align leggings, look at the limited edition new ones just released that have cute mesh detail!
- A short sleeve sweater is a favorite piece of mine and this one from Ann Taylor is chic and comes in 4 colors.
- This jacket also from Ann Taylor has Chanel vibes.
- Loving these Soludos suede booties.
- My New York sweatshirt is now marked down at J.Crew Factory.
- Hoops are so on trend right now and these classic gold ones are at a great price.
- How cute is this little basket bag?
- This gold headband is the perfect amount of glam!
- Love an oversized classic white shirt.
- Love that this cozy cardigan has a hood, too.
- A chic moto jacket for under $100? Yes, please.
- Also a classic trench for only $99.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Everything I love about Central Park.
- My #1 travel tip.
- My skin cancer diagnosis.
- So many cute puff sleeve pieces.
- My Nantucket favorites.
- The book that made a lasting impact on my mindset.
- All my Amazon favorites.
- How I deal with stress.
[Image via this post]