Happy Friday, friends! I nearly forgot to schedule this post because I’ve been so off on my days this week since returning from Australia on Monday night! It’s been a doozy but pretty amazing to return to New York City all dressed up! I’ve already dived head first into the holiday swing of things and it’s been wonderful. If you follow me on Instagram you’ve seen all I’ve been up to!
I wanted to quickly ask another time if you have a few minutes to share a testimonial about why you follow me via this link, I’d be so grateful. It helps me secure brand deals and I’m setting some big goals for 2020 and your testimonials would be so helpful for me! Huge thanks in advance!
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a good weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Flew back from Australia and battled jet lag – oy! 2AM wake ups and missed subway stops were involved – ha!
- Collaborated with J.McLaughlin on a holiday look and also Talbots! I hope you guys are loving my holiday content this season as I sure am having fun with it!
- Lit holiday candles, played Christmas music and got my home in order after back to back travels.
- Launched the 2nd Annual Kindness Campaign!
- Ordered my holiday cards from Minted!
- Visited the Alsace Christmas Market visiting NYC (from my holiday bucket list!)
- Also from my bucket list: went to Bemelmans Bar for a cocktail while uptown!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- An interesting read on new science related to jetlag (I used this app for my Australia trip and found it insightful and helpful!)
- How to have closer friendships.
- What to do in Paris in December.
- How to not feel dead tired this Winter.
- A fun read on the history of Tiffany’s. (Related: My Breakfast at Tiffany’s).
- How to break up with your bad habits.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- The Daily Edited is one of my favorite places to shop for gifts and they have some great new arrivals.
- While in Australia I bought something at Aesop and the sales girl was kind enough to give me some sample packets of their Blue Chamomile Hydrating Mask advising me to use it on the long flight home and HOLY COW I was blown away how amazing my skin felt after applying this twice during my 15 hour flight from Sydney to Houston. Super hydrated, super soft. You better believe I will be buying the full size for future travel and the Winter skin woes.
- Lots of new additions in The Holiday Shop! Help support small businesses by shopping here, deck your halls here, find gifts for your BFF here, gifts for guys here, ideas for those who are hard to shop for here and outfit ideas here.
- This cardigan looks so cozy, perfect for the holiday season.
- For your favorite baker, these holiday measuring cups are so darling.
- I have a full holiday pajamas post coming up but in the meantime, Amazon has so many cute options for Family PJs!
- A cozy fleece zip up for under $30.
- A teddy coat that won’t break the bank and with great reviews.
- Love the details on this affordable sweater.
- Color me shocked at how good Urban Outfitters’ gift selection is this year.
- These boots already sold out once this season (I finally bought them this summer because I missed out the last two years given their popularity!) so hop to. The quality is absolutely excellent. The brand also just marked down a ton of good bootie styles for $99 and under!
- Follain has a couple great gift sets that are (mostly) under $50. Perfect for a girlfriend or coworker.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My favorite holiday candles.
- 2019 Kindness Campaign.
- All my gift guides to date.
- Great gifts for homebodies.
- My go-to travel outfit.
- The most Instagram worth spots in NYC during the holidays.
- My favorite Christmas traditions.