I had such a wonderful week! Meetings have finally slowed down and I spent cozy, slow mornings at home ticking through my to do list with Christmas movies on in the background and all my favorite holiday candles lit. I also did some baking and packing in preparation for next week’s travels. The evenings were filled with fun and festive plans with friends and today I welcome some of my best friends and their two kids to the city for the weekend. I am so excited to see Christmas in New York through the eyes of a four and one year old! I’m hopeful the forecast of lots of rain will change but know regardless of weather we’ll have a great time taking in the sites. And by the way tomorrow I am taking over the Ibotta Instagram Stories in case you want to follow along for some holiday shopping tips!
Hope you enjoy this week’s roundup! Wishing you a wonderful and festive weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Donated my Opentable points to No Kid Hungry and my JetBlue points to Make a Wish! Both took under a minute to do and will go far in helping children. Would love if you joined me in doing so! I also donated books to the Brooklyn library, donated unused beauty products to a stocking stuffer event for women in need and began passing out Starbucks cards to those out in the cold. Have you done a good deed for #SpreadKindnessSpreadJoy yet? Don’t forget to share it on the blog post for the chance for your charity of choice to get one of five $100 donations!
- Added a lot of recent testimonials to ParisPerfected.com! It is so fun to see them come through.
- Saw The New York City Ballet’s performance of The Nutcracker for the second year in a row. The show is truly magical.
- Went skating at Rock Center for the first time! Catch me on the ice here. It is such a fun way to take in the tree! Afterwards we got wine at City Winery’s nearby festive popup.
- Got to meet my friend’s newest little baby. I cooked up a feast and brought it over to their house and it was such a fun evening.
- Checked out the newest Rumble studio in Downtown Brooklyn and found out they are finally on ClassPass – woohoo!
- Popped by Chanel Beauty’s new pop up that’s open in the Meatpacking at The Standard through Sunday. It’s definitely a fun stop if you’re looking for a good activity this weekend!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Why to start your new year’s resolutions now.
- Where you should travel based on your personality type.
- This story filled my eyes with tears.
- Digital etiquette guidelines. Such a good refresher!
- Pinning a lot of these NYT top recipes of the year.
- Wellness trend predictions for 2020.
- New York’s Top Restaurants of 2019.
- The best books of 2019.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Lou & Grey has SO many good sweaters right now and they are 40% off through tomorrow. I suggest this one, this one & this one and I bought this one & this one.
- Cozy oversized sweater goodness from Free People.
- Saw this sweater at Loft this week and it is SO cute. The perfect cable knit and while I love the white, the red is also so good for the holiday season.
- Speaking of cozy sweaters, this one from Target of all places? So good! Love all the color options.
- Ok this J.Crew coat is too darling.
- A cute and super affordable teddy coat.
- Can barely contain my excitement that one of my must-visit Paris stores is now selling on Nordstrom! Their candles are divine!
- Love the idea of a fresh new notebook for the new year.
- An affordable sweater with over 500 good reviews.
- Love the detail on this turtleneck.
- I saw this reversible, packable puffer jacket from Summersalt on TODAY this week and thought it was rather genius. Speaking of Summersalt, their swimwear is also now available on Nordstrom! I have a suit from there and the quality is so great.
- My coziest pom pom hat is back in stock. Comes in 4 colors and is fleece lined so it is SO warm. Also the pom pom is such fun. I wore it here. This one is cute, too.
- Loving this Madewell cardigan.
- This neutrals sweater is calling my name.
- How pretty are these affordable earrings?
- A cozy and affordable turtleneck sweater.
- How fun would this sequin dress be for New Year’s Eve!?
- Just bought these boots! I’ve wanted a pair like this for forever to wear with skirts or dresses when it is snowy. I never liked any I’ve seen except these but they sold out EVERYWHERE last season. Color me thrilled when I found them on sale on Amazon!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Everything you must do when you come to NYC during the holidays.
- The best holiday outfits available now.
- The best holiday pajamas.
- The best spots to take photos during the holidays in NYC.
- Holiday gifts for people who love to travel.
- So many good cozy things.
- Gifts for Francophiles.