We’ve made it through another week. That feels more celebratory than it used to, doesn’t it? The days all seem to blur together and I for one am actually finding weekends a bit harder as I attempt to not do work but then am less busy and therefore a bit more down. It’s a hard balance. But weekend rituals like cocktail hour and brunch make it seem a bit more normal I guess?
I hope you feel a sense of victory at accomplishing another week – sending you all virtual hugs. And in the meantime, I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and enjoy your weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Worked on honing in on my cocktail making skills by attempting the perfect old fashioned with this recipe.
- Filmed another IGTV! This time I did an easy, every day makeup look featuring only clean cosmetics. The products I used can be found linked here.
- Donated to Feeding America to help families in need right now. $1=$10 meals! I hope you’ll join me in donating if you’re able to.
- Finished this delightful book. If you’re a fan of romantic comedies you will no doubt enjoy it.
- Smile and laughed throughout this darling video by John Krasinski.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- A beginner’s guide to getting into podcasts.
- The case for doing nothing.
- A guide to getting your skincare routine in order in your 30s. (Here are my tips, too).
- How to safely handle packages coming to your home.
- 7 things to do for your career from home.
- How to run a bath that feels like a spa treatment.
- Authors share books that bring them comfort.
- Games to play while staying indoors.
- How to combat the loneliness of social distancing.
- How good do these sundaes from Alison Roman look? Definitely want to recreate one at home!
- Beauty brands who are helping to support relief efforts.
- Tips for managing remote employees.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Not that most of us are wearing jeans all that much of late (or is that just me!?) but Madewell is doing a $75 jean sale right now!
- Loving this cozy thermal stitch sweater.
- File under things I want: this sleep-inducing bath soak from Indie Lee.
- Add a dose of comfort to your home with these items.
- Have kiddos? Here are some fun toys to provide distractions.
- This hoodie is very in line with my aesthetic these days.
- I get a lot of joy out of putting on a pair of cozy and cute pajamas so I loved the new PJ shop that Shopbop launched.
- Speaking of Shopbop, they have some new really good markdowns. I spotted this classic denim jacket, the sneakers I’ve been living in lately (I’m on my second pair as I’ve loved and worn them so much), this pretty Madewell dress, and this floral one, these jeans perfect for Spring and Summer, these gorgeous espadrilles, these pretty and classic BaubleBar earrings, this bikini top I own and love, this cardigan I recently wore here, this chic blazer, my Ray Ban sunglasses seen here, the sweater I wore here and these classic sneakers.
- After I shared how much I loved my recent Target loungewear pieces in this post I got a lot of Instagram DMs saying what fans you guys are of this line overall.
- The longer length of this pullover makes it perfect to wear with leggings.
- Love this pretty white top.
- LOFT has so many cute jumpsuits right now! Particularly liking this gingham one and this black one which is available in Petite, Straight and Plus sizes.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- 20 new things you can try in the coming weeks.
- All the comfy and cozy clothes I’ve been living in.
- A Francophile’s guide to staying inside.
- A new favorite t-shirt styled two ways.
- How I manage my anxiety.
- My experience with body image.
[Image outtake from this post]