Happy Friday! Another week is under our belts during social distancing and with each passing day I am working to keep myself occupied and grateful. This week was pretty good. I was in a rhythm of getting in walks, doing my meditation daily and I managed to stay rather busy each day so the week seemed to progress along faster. This weekend I’m going to “attend” Easter mass at my university’s church and do a virtual Easter brunch with my family. I also hope to make some progress on my latest book!
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a good weekend!
I had a quick favor to ask this week – if you have a minute and you’ve appreciated the content I’ve been producing lately, I’d be so grateful if you took a minute to share a testimonial about me. They are so valuable as I continue to work with brands.
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I became an aunt!! Words can’t describe the feeling of watching one of your siblings become a parent for the first time. I love this little girl so much and can’t wait to meet her. What a bright spot during tough times.
- I was honored to have my perfect day in Paris and Paris, Perfected featured on Afar.com!
- I attempted to recreate Carbone’s famous rigatoni (one of the most well known dishes in NYC) with vodka sauce and while it wasn’t the same it was damn good and very easy. Here is the recipe I used.
- Assessed my Q1 2020 analytics and am grateful to have had my most successful quarter ever with traffic.
- Made this delicious and super easy recipe.
- Read this book. It’s a quick and enjoyable read.
- I shared my nighttime skincare routine from start to finish!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I love the New York Times’ new Cooking hub focused on learning to cook better.
- And speaking of cooking, my friends at La Cuisine de Paris (my favorite cooking school in Paris) have graciously shared some recipes for French classics to try your hand at! Mousse au chocolat, Sauce au Poivre, Boeuf Bourguignon, Coq au Vin, Gougeres and Madeleines. You’ll have to do a few conversions but it’ll be worth it. My mouth was salivating reading each of these recipes!
- And here are recipes you can make using pantry staples. I pinned a lot of these!
- I love the new site that Girls’ Night in Club launched for this time: Stay Home Take Care. Activities, recommendations, and ideas to help you stay in and take care of yourself and others that’s being updated daily.
- Tips to remake your space during social distancing – no trips to the store required.
- Feel good movies to stream right now.
- Here is a 9 minute strength workout you can do at home. I’ve personally been doing 20 push ups every day while in quarantine in addition to my other at-home workouts.
- A visual diary of Paris under lockdown. Wow. Just wow.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I think new sheets is one of life’s greatest little luxuries so I loved spotting this Madewell x Parachute collaboration.
- Getting organized? Just discovered this helpful sunglass storage solution and this handy headband holder.
- The blazer I wore here is now available! I have it in a size 2.
- I love Sweaty Betty’s workout clothes but usually only buy when they go on sale. Nordstrom has a bunch of their stuff on markdown right now! I particularly like this hoodie.
- One of my most supportive sports bras is on sale in select sizes.
- The cut of this tank from J.Crew Factory looks so flattering. I also love this new striped tee from the brand.
- Fabric designer Rebecca Atwood’s new collection for Pottery Barn is just gorgeous.
- Sezane has beautiful new arrivals including this dress, this top, this dress and this top that I bought and loved upon its arrival. Also my very favorite Gaspard sweater from the brand has been restocked.
- Shop all my Amazon favorites here. It includes book I’ve really enjoyed, too.
- J.Crew just released their best-selling slip skirt in a few new shades. I wore it here two ways.
- I’m really digging the laid back, California vintage vibes of Lou & Grey’s new arrivals. They also brought back the terry sweatshirt I have and wore all summer long last year.
- Someone told me this loungewear line from Target is good. I spied a lot of cute pieces!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- A personal essay about being solo during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Amazon’s best loungewear.
- Some new pretty things for Spring.
- The things that are getting me through right now.
- 10 favorite easy comfort food recipes.
- Books I’ve read and enjoyed.
- A new favorite t-shirt that’s under $20.
Thank you. Getting this week’s weekly roundup in my email this morning was a little piece of a normal / familiar Friday that just felt extra comforting today. You have been so graceful during this time, and we love you for it.
I read this article (https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/04/influencers-coronavirus-arielle-charnas-escape-new-york/amp) the other day, and while I know you have a business to run, I would never place you in the same category as the people it was written about. I am incredibly grateful for you. You are a friend to many, whether you know us personally or not!
Oh, and CONGRATS on becoming an aunt!!
Thank you!! Such happy news for our family
This comment made my week, Liz! Thank you for the kind words and for your gratitude – means a lot to me!
Congratulations! Being an aunt is the best 🙂 And I’ve been dreaming of that vodka pasta since you posted it on stories…
Thank you so much, Brigid!! And I hope you make it – so easy and so good!
Love your blog! I have been a subscriber for a few weeks. I have similar style to yours and enjoy seeing what you recommend and are wearing next. Keep up the great work!!
Love hearing this, Denise! Thank you so much for the kind comment!
congrats on becoming an aunt! And, “In 5 Years” is currently sitting in my ereader, need to get a start on it!
Thank you so very much! Let me know how you like the book!
It JUST so happens that I have all of the ingredients for that vodka sauce pasta!! So excited to make this tonight!
Also, thank you for being such a bright light and providing a nice escape/positive outlook during all of this. Truly appreciate it.
Aw yay! Thank you so much for the kind words and I hope you love the pasta! I’m already ready to make it again myself!