This week I managed to keep rather busy and it felt nice. It made the week pass quickly but this Friday feels bittersweet as I was meant to be flying to LA today to spend time with friends before heading to Palm Springs the following weekend for a friend’s wedding where I would have reunited with my college best friends. It’s the second trip of mine to be cancelled amidst the pandemic. Instead, this weekend, I am planning to finally start a puzzle, hopefully finish a book and will most likely be doing a baking project. If weather allows I hope to do some reading on my roof, too.
Quick note that my next monthly highlights newsletter will be going out tomorrow! If you’re not yet on the list you can sign up here.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a good weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I gave my Beauty Shop a major overhaul. It’s been totally updated with all my current favorites.
- Signed up for Libro.fm. I am finally going to give audiobooks a try! And I love that your purchases go towards supporting local bookstores. Such an amazing cause in need more than ever right now. If you’re curious to try it, use this link to sign up and you’ll get 3 audiobooks for the price of 1 when you sign up for a membership that you can cancel at any time.
- Shared my next makeup tutorial which is all about concealing! Blemishes, redness, dark circles – you name it. My favorite products are included and some tips and tricks I’ve learned over the years.
- Finished watching All American on Netflix (loved it) and Outer Banks (far fetched but entertaining).
- Started doing some BBG workouts again. All too quickly forgot how very hard they are! But it also felt nice to really sweat for the first time in a long time.
- Put together a little video as a mental escape to Paris whenever I want one (which is most days these days TBH).
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Movies set in New York to stream now.
- Speaking of movies, my friend Jenn put together a darling post about outfits to wear at home inspired by romantic comedies.
- How to workout in a small space.
- How to build a bar cart for classic French cocktails.
- The NYT created a lovely guided meditation I thought was so nice.
- Ways you can help right now amidst the pandemic.
- How to give yourself a facial at home.
- I’m excited for my friend Blair’s latest clothing collection. Those stripes & polka dots!!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- My favorite sheets + bath towels (as seen in my recent Home Favorites post) are 20% off this weekend. It only happens once a year on the brand’s birthday. I can’t recommend them enough. Such a good way to treat yourself right now and give your bed + bath a little upgrade.
- Some noteworthy new arrivals from Shopbop including these chic neutral sandals, this classic tee, this summer take on the mule, this cute tee, this darling top, these cute joggers, this chic tank and this staple of a skirt.
- Also from Shopbop – my beloved Agolde Nico jeans now come in a distressed version! Added to cart immediately. The Nico jeans are the most flattering ones I own.
- So many good new arrivals from H&M. This puff sleeve sweatshirt, this easy, breezy dress, this cute top, this dress, these lounge-worthy pants, this chic tank, this dress that has Reformation vibes, this dress that I bought last summer’s version of and got loads of use out of, this perfect-shirt dress, these darling pajamas, these leggings with cute detail and this wear-it-all-the-time and dress it up or dress it down dress.
- Love these new lounge-y chinos that level up loungewear a bit.
- I had a reader reach out this week asking about any Paris-inspired coffee table books I could recommend. I own Maison: Parisian Chic at Home, Parisian Interiors and Chanel: Collections and Creations. And it is smaller than your typical coffee table book but also Paris in Bloom. Thought I’d share more broadly in case any of you are in the market as well!
- My beloved Year & Day bowls are back in stock in the pink color I own. I eat so many meals out of these!
- And speaking of dishware, my inner Francophile adores this mug and this mug I spotted on Anthropologie this week.
- Otherland – some of my very favorite candles – has landed at Shopbop – my very favorite place to shop.
- I just discovered this loungewear brand LETT and the line is very much speaking to me these days. Comfy yet still stylish. I particularly love this dress.
- Love the look of this hoodie. (I’ve never loved hoodies more than right now to be honest!)
- Speaking of hoodies, here is an affordable one with good reviews. Also love this romper for warmer WFH home days from the same brand.
- This tank is so pretty for date nights (even if that means a date night at your own kitchen table!)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- All my favorite pairs of jeans.
- Mother’s Day gift ideas.
- How to get a better night’s sleep.
- Affordable new loungewear.
- My favorite button downs.
- Self care rituals to do at home.
- My best work from home tips.