This week I was particularly grateful for quite a bit to accomplish on the work front for both of my businesses. It kept me busy and really craving the weekend. Historically through all this I’ve found the weekends a bit harder – no work to distract me (except Let’s Make a Drink which is equal parts fun as it is work!) The other day I read in a newsletter “The weeks beat on, the weekends arrive. For many, they’re not so different from the other days. But mark them all the same. It matters.” I couldn’t agree more and it is actually how my Instagram series Let’s Make a Drink series was born – I wanted to celebrate the weekend with cocktails. I also try to do little at home brunches and that helps, too. Do you have any special ways you’re marking the weekends? I’d love to hear them.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a good weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Binged Normal People on Hulu. I read and enjoyed the book last summer in Provence and thought the series was so well done.
- I joined an ad network so you’ll be seeing some ads appearing more on the site. This is an effort to recoup some of my lost income that’s occurred since the pandemic started. Hope you can all understand the reasoning behind this.
- Finally broke down my Amazon Shop into handy categories! Hope you’ll find it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- Shot a campaign for Ann Taylor in my home all by myself and I have to say – I felt so proud of myself! It’ll be live on Monday – I hope you guys enjoy it.
- Shared a lip color try on of 6 shades from one of my favorite lip products. You can view it here.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Games you can play on video chat.
- 52 places you can travel to virtually.
- Speaking of traveling virtually, the Paris Tourism Board has culled together some virtual tours you can take in my favorite city.
- A Michelin Starred Chef shares his croque monsieur recipe – YUM!!
- One of my favorite skincare brands, Caudalie, has launched complimentary virtual skincare consultations. You can sign up to chat with one of their esteemed estheticians for a 20-minute personalized skincare consult. Book here.
- Loved this interview with chef Alison Roman (her book Dining In is a favorite of mine!)
- Tips for having a spa day at home.
- 14 books for when you need an escape.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Lou & Grey has some great new arrivals that look perfect for Spring days spent at home including this dress, this dress, this flattering top and this dress for when you want to dress normally for a walk outside.
- Container Store has pretty much everything on sale if you’re itching for some organization projects.
- Shopbop just marked down a bunch of Spring-ready styles including this Reformation dress, a flat + a heeled version of Soludos beloved espadrilles, this striped dress I wore in Paris last summer on my birthday, the Ray Ban sunglasses I wore here, this cute dress, this top, this top and this top, these sandals that go with everything, this striped tee, this breezy dress, these jeans and this classic Madewell denim jacket.
- Margaux, who makes some of my favorite shoes, is doing a promotion in honor of Mother’s Day where you’ll get 20% off most everything or you can decide to donate the 20% savings directly to No Kid Hungry. The brand has never offered this much off of a purchase so it is a special deal. My favorite styles are the Demi ballet flat and their boot.
- One of my favorite books that I read last year was American Royals and this week it finally came out in paperback. It is the perfect light + fun quarantine read.
- These affordable sandals look so comfortable.
- This dress is equal parts stylish and flattering.
- Sweatshirt sorts but make ’em cute.
- Sign me up for these joggers, this sweatshirt and this hoodie from Old Navy.
- I found the Chanel slingback look alikes from Sam Edelman on sale for under $60!
- Tuckernuck has some really cute new arrivals right now. My favorite items that I spotted include this cute blouse, these sunnies, this pretty dress, these go-with-everything sandals (and this pair, too!), this darling dress and this timeless blouse.
- Need a gift for someone in the near future? How cute are these little grow kits!?
- One of my favorite sweaters that is perfect for Spring + Summer wear is fully restocked. I’ve worn it here & here.
- These are a cute summer-y take on the white sneaker style.
- Naadam, who makes some cozy cashmere pieces I own and wear often, just launched sleepwear and the pieces look so nice.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Little ways to upgrade your day.
- My guide to Everlane’s best jeans.
- The best current fashion finds on Amazon.
- A revised 2020 wish list.
- My favorite home items.
- Ways to get a better night’s sleep.
Good roundup! I have Normal People on my nightstand – just started it – and I did not know they made a series. Will have to take note of it! Also, love the 14 book recommendations from Carly for light, fun reads.
P.S. Cannot not comment on your outfit, absolutely love how chic it is.
The Career Edit
So excited for you to see the series! And yay – thank you!
Missing your Insta stories, hope all is okay ?
I’ve been a quiet reader for a couple of months now, but only really started reading all your posts and following your instagram since this pandemic has started. I don’t usually follow “influencers” on instagram because I like to keep it more private/ friends and family only, but I did make an exception for you simply because you seem like a genuinely nice person that I want to support. That being said, I totally understand your decision to include more ads on your blog. Since I’m not from the states I cannot shop through your links, but I do try to support you by at least liking your posts.
Seeing another person that lives alone cope with this pandemic has made the whole situation a little easier for me. Thank you for being so open and transparent with your followers!
Anne, it means a lot to me that you’d take time to leave this thoughtful comment – thank you for it! So glad you’ve found solace in my content during this time – sending you a virtual hug!