It’s hard to believe we’re already over halfway through June. I’m hopeful that New York City’s coronavirus cases will continue to trend downward but a return to normalcy still seems so far away. I am happy our restrictions have largely lifted though and we can begin to make some safe summer plans. I hope you and yours are remaining safe and healthy!
Enjoy this week’s roundup and have a good weekend, friends! xx
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Turned 35 and felt very lucky to be surrounded by so much love and celebration.
- Last week I mentioned that my friend Becca launched her newest venture, RomComPods which is a scripted podcast telling a fictional story and I listened to the first two episodes this week and absolutely LOVE the story. I am totally hooked and can’t wait for new episodes to drop (they come out every Monday).
- Shared some Try Ons of new pieces I got – you can see them here.
- Heated up my hunt for a new apartment – saying I am stressed about it would be an understatement.
- Took time to understand the importance of today, Juneteenth.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- This story about a COVID patient and a hospital housekeeper warmed my heart.
- A comprehensive list of beach reads for your summer reading pleasure.
- Budget friendly projects for your home during social distancing weekends.
- My friend Jenn launched such a fun + colorful collection with Sail to Sable.
- How to boost your resume while working from home.
- And why you also need to still take time off when working from home.
- Yum: new products coming to the shelves of Trader Joe’s.
- Two refreshing summer cocktails (that can also be mocktails) from my friend Julia.
- I was so happy to see this week’s ruling by the Supreme Court to better protect members of the LGBTQ community.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- J.Crew just launched a stripes shop – so many cute things including these pjs I own and love! I personally recently just ordered this striped rash guard + matching bikini bottoms, this cute cover up and this jumpsuit (I *love* the version they did last year so wanted another one! The 6 fits me perfectly) Also this jumpsuit I own (see it here) is now 40% off. Such a comfy yet chic piece. I wear a 6. And this eyelet top I own is also now on super sale. I own it in a medium. Lot more good finds in their up to 60% off sale here.
- I love Summersalt’s swimsuits and look how beautiful these new vintage floral ones are!
- Extra! Extra! Le Creuset is on sale (a rarity!) at Sur La Table right now.
- Summer sweats is a concept I can really get behind. These shorts + matching sweatshirt, this romper + this romper, these comfy pants, this lightweight hoodie and these joggers are all perfect for summertime lounging.
- Dermstore is running their once a year Skinceuticals sale. This brand is really worth it in my opinion and rarely goes on sale so take advantage of the 15% off – through tonight only! My very favorite SKUs that I’ve used for nearly a decade are the hydrating B5 Gel serum (so good if you experience any dryness) and the Vitamin CE Ferulic serum which has a cult following for good reason. Use promo code SKINC15.
- I love this darling floral dress that’s under $90.
- Have heard these Madewell sandals are so comfortable and I love that they come in so many neutral colors!
- I love that The Detox Market now has reusable cotton rounds that you can easily wash instead of using one-time-use pads for toners, etc.
- These neutral sandals are Instagram famous and newly on sale.
- I love the Skinnytaste blog and you can now pre-order her newest cookbook!
- Libro.fm is delivering 100% of audiobook sales today, 6/19 to Black-owned bookstore partners in honor of Juneteenth. A great opportunity to buy a book for good. Also related: New Fiction by Black Women.
- I love the Lisa Marie Fernandez x Target collaboration. These dresses are so cute!
- Haven’t been able to find peonies? Order them here now!
- Always yes to a puff sleeve tee, a great and inexpensive tee dress and wear-with-anything sandals.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My thoughts on turning 35.
- All my favorite workout clothes.
- How I got rid of my maskne.
- Things I’ve bought and loved recently.
- Affordable finds for your home.
- My new summer playlist.
- The best things I’ve been doing for my mental health lately.