This week was a doozy but for largely good reasons. I had a big lift on a client project that had me super busy and I also had numerous deadlines for a variety of collaborations on the wit & whimsy front. And it was HOT! Which always seems to add another layer of stress and sleepless nights. And sleep has been very hard to come by lately between the constant illegal fireworks going off at 1, 2 and 3AM and the anxiety of my apartment hunt.
Now that NY’s shelter in place has lifted (we entered Phase 2 this past week here in the city) it felt hopeful for a brief moment that life may resume some normalcy, but it’s scary to see other parts of the country continuing to have rising cases. As a result, I have every plan to continue taking all precautions. I still wear a mask every time I leave the house and always have gloves and hand sanitizer at the ready. I do plan to take some time off next week though as we head into the holiday weekend. I’ve been creating content every day in some capacity since shelter in place started mid-March and very much feel like my brain needs a break. You’ll hear from me less often as a result and I hope you, too can enjoy some R&R in the coming week.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Finally created a Facebook group for wit & whimsy readers! I always lamented about doing so as I’m not a big user of Facebook personally but after seeing fellow blogging friends build further community by doing so I decided I really wanted you all to “meet” so to speak! I hope you’ll join the group and use it as a place to get recommendations, chat with likeminded people and just have a place to connect with one another! Thanks so much to those of you who joined right away! (I was scared no one would – lol!)
- Finished the book Anna K. It was a fun Gossip Girl-esque read about high schoolers.
- Wrote a little love letter to my neighborhood.
- Voted! New York’s Primary was on June 23rd. Are you registered to vote? If not you can do so in 2 minutes here.
- Shared my new morning skincare routine. After doing a skincare consultation earlier this month I had some really good takeaways and have been so happy with my new revised routine. (I also learned I’d been using my Vitamin C serum wrong – whoops!)
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Here’s the trick to getting Charlotte Tilbury’s signature cat eye.
- As I approach my own move, I really loved reading my friend Kat’s reflection on and advice following her own moves.
- I am glad I got to see Soho during this time the other weekend. It really was a very different feel and the art was incredible.
- I have laughed out loud at Leslie Jordan’s Instagram Videos during quarantine more times than I can count. This was a fun read about him + his career (and his exploding IG account!)
- My friend Carly did the cutest movie-watching activity with her roommates in quarantine and I definitely want to do this at home because there are so many classics I’ve never seen!
- 4th of July recipes courtesy of the New York Times.
- What it’s like to visit Paris post-lockdown.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- The Madewell new arrivals are so, so good right now. I love this dress, this dress, this dress and this dress, these sandals, this jumpsuit, these pants that are perfect for work from home, this striped tee, these jeans and this darling top.
- I just got a few new things in from J.Crew that I love including this sweater (M), this swimsuit (Size 8 – it is even cuter in person!) and this darling cover up (Small). I also recently just ordered this striped rash guard + matching bikini bottoms, this cute cover up and this jumpsuit (I *love* the version they did last year so wanted another one! The 6 fits me perfectly) And most items are 40% off this weekend!
- I love the swimwear collection fellow blogger Everyday Pursuits came out with L’Space. L’Space is a favorite swimwear brand of mine as they have styles in D cups.
- So much goodness in Ann Taylor’s new arrivals right now! I adore this linen dress, this fun + flirty top, this Reformation-esque skirt and this romper.
- I was in need of a lightweight summer robe and after a lot of research finally decided to order the Lake Pajamas Pima Cotton Robe and oh wow. This thing is dreamy to slip into after a shower or first thing in the morning. I had bought one that was nearly $50 more and not liked it and returned it before I got this one and I am so glad I did so. The quality is truly so great. It’s a bit long on me however (I am 5’5″ so I may get it shortened in the future).
- How cute is the detail on this little white dress that’s also under $100?
- Pink and polka dots and ruffles in a dress? Yes, please!
- I’m not one for graphic tees usually but this one made me laugh out loud. It would be such a fun gift for your BFF.
- Well if this jumpsuit doesn’t have my name written all over it! I am in love!
- Cuyana’s new straw hats are gorgeous. I love a straw hat with a summer dress but also often wear mine when spending any time outdoors as added sun protection. I also love that multiple sizes are available (your girl’s got a big head and most One Size Fits all do NOT fit me!) I am adding this one to my cart.
- Summersalt has so many cute + unique coverups right now.
- This dress has my name all over it.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- How to survive a hot summer – my toolkit.
- What I’ll be wearing this summer.
- How to Frenchify your summer.
- What to buy from Amazon’s Style Sale.
- Loads of cute + comfy “house dresses”.
- A playlist for summer.
- Thoughts as I turned 35 this summer.
[Image via my Instagram]