This week flew by. I’m up to my eyeballs in work and moving to-dos so stress levels are high in these parts these days! It sure does make the days go by more quickly though. This weekend I plan to begin to clean out some things in my apartment and get more organized as well as hide in the air conditioning as it is meant to be nearly 100 both Saturday & Sunday!
I hope you enjoy this week’s round up (it’s a loaded one!) and have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Announced some big news over on Instagram.
- I added a Clean Beauty tab to my Menu! You can now more easily find all my blog posts on Clean Beauty from the homepage. Hope you find it a handy resource!
- I also updated my Reader Testimonials page. A huge thank you to everyone who left me a testimonial – your kind & thoughtful words touched me so much. If you’d like to leave me a testimonial to help me secure brand partnerships, you can do so here.
- Binged The Baby-Sitters Club on Netflix – it was cheesy but so cute and I thought SO well done tackling loads of important issues and using modern references.
- Really enjoyed this episode of Bad on Paper featuring Nicolette Mason who is a favorite follow of mine on Instagram as she’s an outspoken advocate for so many communities. She shared so much wisdom on working on allyship, being more proactively anti-racist and how to expand your horizons in the type of content you consume. Highly recommend you give it a listen!
- Announced a fun new collaboration with Underlined to share some of their original paperbacks being released this year! You can read about the first one here.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- How to manage the emotional burden of being laid off. (If you’ve been laid off due to the coronavirus, my heart goes out to you and I’m sending you all the good job hunting vibes!)
- My friend Clara offers amazing dating coaching and is also doing some upcoming virtual workshops. If you end up signing up for either, tell her I sent you 🙂
- The 50 best romantic comedies of all time. I want to work my way through this list of those I’ve not seen!
- I’m so glad frozen drinks are having a moment as I’ve definitely been into them this summer! I want to do one for my Let’s Make a Drink series soon.
- I love the new Allure cover and the corresponding story featuring professional soccer players and couple Ali Krieger and Ashlyn Harris.
- My friend Julia’s frozen negronis sound so good!
- I literally cannot wait for this series to arrive to Netflix! It’s sure to give me a much needed Paris fix this Fall.
- Allie shared such a handy guide for the Hamptons eating scene should you be heading East this summer.
- How amazing did my friend Will’s pool turn out? I want to transport myself there for a dip, stat!
- Loved this roundup of easy summer recipes to try.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- My favorite clean makeup brand, Ilia Beauty, is on sale (which rarely happens) so I shot a quick video doing a full face using their line that I hope you guys will find helpful! The code for the sale is ILIAFAM and it ends tonight! I’ve tried nearly the whole line at this point and the products I spotlight are truly the best of the best. *Especially* don’t miss the Finishing Powder (just as good as the cult status Laura Mercier one), the Brow Gel I am obsessed with (I always get messages about my brows on Instagram on days I wear this!), the Multi-Use Pigments (Waking Up and Temptation are my favorite shades), the Skin Tint with SPF 40 that keeps selling out everywhere (yep, it’s that good) and the Limitless Lash Mascara which is the best clean mascara I’ve tried. I wrote more about several of these products in this post.
- After totally falling in love with this True & Co bra during quarantine (I raved about it here), I bought this one that was always sold out as soon as it restocked and yep…love it too! No pokey underwire and yet still manage to be supportive for us bigger breasted gals. Also available here.
- A blog reader of mine launched an Etsy shop of her prints from Nantucket! Such a nice little summer-y pick up for the home.
- I’m featured in The Dudley Stephens Fit Guide! I absolutely love my Park Slope Turtleneck I have from them and then got the Brighton Boatneck as a part of this project and it is a new favorite (and I’m usually not a fan of Boatnecks!) The brand is on the pricier side but the quality is amazing. They even wash so well which I was so happy to find. Truly great investment pieces you’ll reach for over and over.
- I finally found a pair of Rothys I like! I bought these chic sandals. If you use this link you’ll get $20 off your first order.
- This breezy dress is so cute. And so is this gingham one!
- Give me all the comfy rompers to wear at home right now!
- How pretty is the detail on this camisole?
- Easy, comfy house dress for under $20? Yes, please!
- Ooo Brightland launched delicious sounding vinegars! I love their olive oils so am excited to try the new vinegars.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My current selects from Nordstrom Beauty.
- The best sports bras for bigger boobs.
- My current picks from J.Crew & Madewell.
- Affordable finds for your closet + home from a new favorite online shop.
- Things I’ll remember from the Coronavirus pandemic.
- My new custom stationery playlist.