This week drained me. I’ve been making a lot of progress on my to dos but each day has been filled with stress and exhaustion from a lack of quality sleep. My body wanting to wake up at 5AM the past two weeks hasn’t been helping my anxiety levels in the least. This weekend I have more work to do but I’m hopeful to also squeeze in some outdoor dining and to finish a book. And lord knows there’ll be some cocktails, too! I’ve earned them 🙂 I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful weekend! p.s. my Monthly Newsletter goes out tomorrow if you want to get on the list, sign up here.
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Listened to the new Taylor Swift album on repeat. My favorite songs are August, Exile, The Last Great American Dynasty and The 1. How about you!?
- Continued working with Havenly on my new apartment concept! The designer I am working with (Karen) totally understood my Parisian apartment vibe right away and I’m so excited about what we’re building together. By the way, if interested in refreshing a room in your own space, Havenly provided me with a referral link that will get you $50 off of a Full Design and $20 off a Mini Design.
- Made this delicious salad for dinner. It felt nice to eat so much produce and the shallot vinaigrette was so good!
- I wrote a piece for savings destination RetailMeNot on the best mineral sunscreens! As you
guys know I am incredibly passionate about sun care and not all sunscreens are created equal.
I have tried so many mineral sunscreens and this article includes all my very favorites. Hope
you find it helpful!
- Took a martini class via Kookoo Club – it was such fun and I’m excited to use what I learned in a future Let’s Make a Drink! I love that 100% of the proceeds from the classes go straight to the chefs. It’s an amazing way to support these talented folks.
- Continued to try and prioritize my health while the city is a bit more open. I went to get thyroid blood work done, had my annual OBGYN exam and went to the dentist. It makes me anxious every time I go into one of these offices but I don’t want my care to fall by the wayside any further due to the pandemic.
- I updated my Favorite + Most Worn Jeans post.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- A clean makeup routine from Gwyneth Paltrow’s makeup artist.
- This was a sad read about small businesses in NYC closing. I’ve already heard of a handful I knew and was a patron of that haven’t survived and I know there will be more dominos to fall in the weeks/months/years ahead. It is heartbreaking.
- This shop owner has become a favorite follow on Instagram and I look longingly at the beautiful antiques she sells pretty often now. I don’t know whether she ships to the U.S. but you know I’m willing to inquire if I see a French antique that’s made for me ;).
- I read about this site Dear New York on the NY Times and thought it was such a lovely digital art project. Lord knows I’ve done a lot of writing to and about New York City in my day. I added my Dear New York post-it – join me if you, too love this city!
- I have always enjoyed Mackenzie’s 101 Things in 1001 Days lists and this year setting goals and achieving milestones seems even more poignant.
- Corn and zucchini enchiladas!? Yes, please!
- I loved the photos + the dress my friend Ashley wore here.
- On savoring the prospects of future travel.
- For my fellow New Yorkers, unique outdoor dining options here in the city.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Make latte foam at home with this electric whisk – brilliant!
- Aerie just launched an athleisure line – heck yes! The workout gear looks super cute.
- Shopbop has just marked down a bunch of good pieces! I spotted this dress, this Parisian inspired striped tee, these chic jeans, these shorts, this cut top that’s so my style, this floral dress, these classic espadrilles, this chic coverup, these casual jeans, these white jeans and this pretty top.
- I’ve started using my travel tripod that I usually travel with and that I use to film videos with during any and all FaceTime calls. It frees up my hands and perfectly props up to chat with friends and family on my phone! I highly recommend this $20 little gadget.
- Easily one of the top 5 beauty products I’ve discovered in 2020 is the Kosas Lip Oil. I am obsessed. I wear the clear one before I leave the house as it makes my lips feel amazing but doesn’t transfer any color to the inside of my mask. The brand just released a limited edition lip oil trio set in 3 colors and as I own 2/3 of those included I can definitely endorse the purchase of this set! I think I need the red next come holiday season :).
- You guys liked the recent Best House Dresses post so much I figured I’d share a few more: this basic t-shirt dress is perfect with sneakers or sandals and would look great with a denim jacket when the weather cools off (it also has great reviews!), this one is perfect for hot days spent at home and this one will be great come Fall (I have one just like it fro Gap).
- Speaking of cute dresses, I love this one. I’d pair it with my favorite sneakers. This similar style is also very cute.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Q&A: My new apartment and moving to/in NYC.
- The linen jumpsuit I can’t stop wearing.
- Affordable swimwear picks.
- My stay home summer bucket list.
- A new perspective I am embracing.
- The best sports bras for bigger boobs.
I’m not in NYC anymore at the moment, but I also have been resuming doctor’s appointments while things open back up, and I agree, don’t want to put health off for too long! have a nice weekend
I think it’s the right idea!