This weekend I’m going to extend my birthday celebrations with a little staycation here in the city tonight and then getting together with friends in the city in my neighborhood for a little soiree on Saturday night. Sunday I am jetting off to have some R&R- follow along on Instagram to see where I’m headed!
Speaking of following along, if you follow me on Snapchat (@meghandono), you may have seen my adventure in Greenpoint, Brooklyn last weekend. Journy was kind enough to put together an itinerary for me to experience a neighborhood I’ve never spent time in so I could experience their offering. My brother and I used their curated ideas to have a full day of eating great food, drinking beers and coffees and checking out local stores and had a total blast. Their goal is to deliver you places you might not have discovered otherwise. They take the time out of planning and then even have an on demand concierge service you can reach while out and about. If you’re one that doesn’t love the research part of taking a trip, check out Journy (and you can get 25% off your first booking with code WITWHIMSY25.) They are awesome.
Hope you have a great weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Turned 31 (woah!) I had some friends over on Wednesday and it was a perfect, low key night.
- Stopped by Ralph’s for a coffee– I was long overdue!
- Had some great meetings that left me feeling inspired and excited.
- Squeezed in every moment I could with my brother before he left the city.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- My friend Julia wrote an extremely moving post about surviving miscarriage. She is one of the strongest, bravest people I know.
- I whole heartedly agree with Helena’s roundup of great coffee shops in NYC.
- Sam has me wanting to plot a return to Napa, stat.
- Amazing tips from makeup artists that Grace spilled.
- Major wanderlust from Mary’s post.
- Taylor was featured in this article about dating!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I love the eyelet detail on this top.
- Striped espadrilles for under $50? Sign me up.
- This lace romper is SO great. (and under $100).
- Bags with rose gold hardware? Yes, please.
- A dress for when you don’t want to think about to wear in the morning (and it’s only $38!)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My favorite lip colors.
- 18 ways to add a pop of color to your outfit.
- How to do your makeup when you wake up late.
- A casual LBD for the season.
- Get to know one of the co-founders of Stowaway Cosmetics.
p.s. those of you in NYC – I hope to see you here!