I was one day ahead this entire week but then suddenly Friday crept up on me! This weekend is my last in New York for a few weeks so I’ll be running around town to do some errands and then am hosting a
Super Bowl Eating party with some girlfriends on Sunday.
Also something glorious happened this week to me! Two nights in a row I put down my computer before 10PM and I instead turned to podcasts (+ Pinterest on my iPad) and then got through a stack of magazines I had had sitting in my room for months. It was so nice! I really must strive for that more often.
Hope you guys have a great weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Celebrated my 6 years in New York with some of my favorite people over drinks last night (Dry January is no more!)
- Grabbed dinner with Krystal, Christine, Heather & Eliot at Bar Bolonat. (Do not miss the fried olives!)
- Got a much needed BeautyRx glycolic peel at Butterfly Studio Salon (more on why I love them in a forthcoming post!)
- Started to come down with a cold of some sort so rested lots and drank all of the fluids and took all of the vitamins!
- Finished my first book of the year (Sweetbitter) and am in the process of selecting a new one (any recommendations?) You may recall my goal is to read a book a month this year!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I have recently become obsessed with Well + Good so I loved seeing my friend Grace featured there this week with great tips on Instagram!
- I loved this list my friend Laney shared about pantry essentials!
- Taylor shared similar sentiments to mine this week about our current reality.
- A well-researched list of solid skincare dupes.
- This article on being solo in Paris made my heart sing. I feel as though I could have written it myself (albeit not as eloquently…) but it echos my exact same sentiments about the experience of traveling alone and the magic you can discover on the streets of Paris.
- Speaking of travel, Dubrovnik has been on my list for some time and I loved these photos!
- Inspiring career quotes. I love a good quote!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Love the look of this slouchy sweater.
- Cute pink sunnies on sale!
- I love everything about this romper – the color, the sleeves, the bow in the back! (And the under $100 price tag!)
- A bomber jacket to wear to / from your workouts? Tres chic!
- Love the bow in back of this sweater.
- And this sweater practically says “work from home, won’t you?!”
- Do you want those Gucci loafers all the bloggers are wearing but find them too spency? These are still an investment but this brand is super high quality and I love the simplicity in this slip-on’s design.
- You guys know how much I love Everlane and they just launched a brand new collection of stripes!
- Pretty pink flats for Spring! The New Yorker in me loves the gray though. (and there is camel, too!)
- I recently bought this sweatshirt and have been living in it to go/to from my workouts.
- How cute is the bow in the back of this top?
- This bag looks way more expensive than just $50.
- Pretty blush Nikes.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Gift ideas for your galentine’s!
- Some words on what my move to New York has meant to me.
- Unveiled a new series on the blog.
- Spoke up about how I’ve been feeling about the state of our country.
- The things you guys loved last year.
I have to confess…I totally failed at Dry January. But I made it a few weeks which was better than nothing I suppose! Hope you have a great weekend 🙂
I cheated twice and agree – something is better than nothing! I also gained 5lbs subbing booze for other carbs ha 🙂
Thank you so much for including my post, sweet friend! Hope you have a great weekend. xoxo
Great tips you had – even if a bit older 😉