You guys, what a week! I had two massively exciting opportunities land in my inbox this week and I am praying both get confirmed so I can share the good news with y’all! (My fingers and toes are crossed in the meantime!)
With the snowstorm this week I actually took to hibernation mode and it was so nice. Several meetings and events were cancelled or rescheduled due to the weather which meant I got to wear no makeup and stay in my pjs largely while I got a ton of work done and did some tidying around the apartment. It felt luxurious but also productive.
In less pleasant news, I’m off to visit my accountant this morning to work towards getting my taxes near-final. Pray for me 🙂
Enjoy this week’s roundup you guys & thank you so much for reading along! I hope you have a lovely weekend xx
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Finished this book which, you guys, I just loved. It actually took me about 90 pages to get into but then once a few twists happened I was so invested that I read over 200 pages on Wednesday to be able to finish it. It was moving and heartwarming and heartbreaking at times and I truly cannot recommend it enough. I love Jojo Moyes’ writing so much. (This book is one of my favorites of all time.)
- Tried out a new yoga studio: Woom Center. It had been months since I did yoga so man did it feel nice to stretch but the experience here is definitely different. They have giant screens in the room that show lights and ocean vista videos for a portion of the class so it is a new kind of sensorial experience while you flow but they did do a killer shavasana at the end and even provided a yummy “elixir” shot at the end of class which I loved.
- Went to a lovely event with Le Petit Marseillais to celebrate their availability in the U.S. I used this body wash when I lived in Paris while studying abroad and am so glad I can now get it stateside!
- Joined a March Madness bracket with my girlfriends – any of you guys doing one!?
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Loved Jess’ look from London. Makes me miss that city!
- I am so anxious to spring clean and change over my wardrobe! Loved a few of these tips from Marie Kondo. (Related: what I learned from the life-changing magic of tidying up!)
- Favorite TED talks according to Goop.
- Going to Paris Fashion Week is definitely on my bucket list but until then I’ll live vicariously through others. Loved the Times’ take on it here.
- I’ve been so inspired by The Muse founder Kathryn Minshew ever since listening to a podcast with her last year. I loved getting to know more about her in this little feature.
- Did you guys read this the other week? I cried.
- I loved Carly’s dress in this post! Let us have a moment for the fact that it is only $100 but looks way more expensive!
- This woman is such an inspiration!!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This lightweight cardigan is perfect for spring layering.
- I have a feeling this romper will sell out quickly. The eyelet! The cross-back! The price!
- I am in love with the new color combos Outdoor Voices just introduced! Use this link to get $20 off your first order! (Their leggings are so awesome!)
- One of my favorite brands Everlane launched some great new pieces that’ll get you ready for Spring. Definitely worth taking a look at their new arrivals!
- Found: the cutest pjs for warmer weather.
- I am all about a block heel these days and am loving these lace up ones.
- I bought this top this week because it looks like Self Portrait but is only $80! I also got these jeans because I only have distressed white denim and wanted some that were more clean-cut.
- The new Sezane collection is so beautiful. I love everything about their aesthetic and the fact that they A) let you buy in US dollars and B) have free shipping and returns!
- I love the ruffle on this top.
- I would never describe my style as bohemian but I’m kind of loving this dress.
- How cute are these sandals?
- Love this easy, throw-it-on any day top.
- This dress is so casual-cool – especially when styled with sneaks!
- Speaking of cool dresses, I think my inner French girl needs this one.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My favorite French beauty products.
- This month’s budget buys – so many cute things all under $150!
- My new favorite $75 jeans.
- Get to know the head of marketing for chic luggage brand Away.
- Talking classics in your wardrobe.
- I already can’t wait to wear this romper again.
Such a great recap. Love also the shoes – so pretty!!
xx Fiona THEDASHINGRIDER.com
Thank you so much, Fiona! Hope you’ve had a wonderful weekend!