It’s hard to believe that it’s July of 2020 already. March when the pandemic really began seems so long ago and yet also still so present in my mind as a point where life really shifted. Le sigh…
I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend celebrating with loved ones, eating plenty of good food and hopefully enjoying some sunshine! And might I also suggest a pitcher of Pimm’s Cups, too? Such a delicious and festive feeling drink! Enjoy this weekend’s roundup and as always thank you so much for reading!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Took some time off which was much needed!
- Finished the book One To Watch and it was such a delight! The premise is that a plus-size fashion blogger is chosen as the lead in a Bachelorette-esque reality TV show.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- How delicious does this blueberry coffee cake look? Such a good weekend baking project.
- How to find a hobby (+ why it is good to have one!)
- Want to sip on something that feels like a cocktail but without the alcohol – enter the mocktail! Here are some good ones.
- How to get the most out of your protective face covering.
- Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. We all must continue to be diligent with our own responsibilities to help control the spread of coronavirus.
- 20 books to read this summer.
- How to really, really deep clean your home.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- My favorite CBD brand Equilibria is doing a sale this week and you can combo it with my 15% promo code (witwhimsy) for extra savings! If you want to read about my favorite products + experience with the brand head to How I Use CBD for my Anxiety and Good Things I’m Doing for My Mental Health.
- Madewell is doing 40% off sandals and swim right now! And cover ups are included! There are a lot of good selects from the brand right now. AND sale is an extra 30% off and there’s a ton of good stuff including my beloved utility jacket.
- Ann Taylor has up to 70% off and I adore their new arrivals! Favorites spotted include this top, this gorgeous dress, these shorts, this chic sleeveless sweater, these shorts and this jumpsuit I ordered the other week.
- Dudley Stephens who makes my favorite fleece pieces (the softest! the coziest!) is doing a rare sale and you can score some of their pieces at a discount.
- My beloved Bose noise cancelling headphones are currently on sale.
- J.Crew is doing sale on sale this weekend and there’s actually loads of great wear-right-now styles. I spotted my favorite sweater blazer which I’ve reviewed here (and they have pretty new summer-y shades) and also this pretty blouse, this summer-ready sweatshirt, this cashmere wrap which is great for when travel returns but also ideal for being cozy on cool nights spent outside, this classic striped tee, the best jumpsuit I now own in two colors, this versatile sweater tee and this darling eyelet jumpsuit that’s in my personal shopping cart.
- Shopbop also just majorly expanded their sale section and has lots of good markdowns. The best things I spotted include this pretty top, this chic jumpsuit, this puff sleeve tee (and this one, too!), this dress that is so my style, this pretty summer-y top, this feminine top, these jeans, these wear-with-everything jeans, these cute sandals and these Levi’s.
- Nordstrom has loads of things on sale – from activewear to swimwear and loads of clothes you can wear this summer.
- One of my favorite mineral SPFs is on sale for 20% off now. This brand rarely goes on sale.
- These platform espadrilles are equal parts stylish yet comfy looking.
- And while we’re talking summer shoes, these from Banana Republic are so affordable and would go with everything.
- & Other Stories summer collection is so.damn.good. I always get so much wear out of the pieces I buy from this brand. (I typically size up to a size 8 in most items unless it says “oversized” in which case I size down – just FYI!) Favorite pieces I spotted include this dress, this dress, this dress, these shorts, this dress, this dress, this tank and this dress.
- My friend Carly posted about this Etsy shop’s personalized phone cases and yep, I’m in love. Definitely ordering one (or two!) as a refresh for my phone.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Things I’m wearing this summer.
- How to Frenchify your summer.
- The best new Amazon Fashion pieces for summer.
- All the best house dresses.
- My favorite beauty tips + tricks.
- Budget picks for your home.
- My most used beauty products of quarantine.