Despite going to the Vail Valley nearly every year of my life in the summer and winter, I have never shared a Vail-Specific ski weekend packing list. Today I’m sharing everything I packed for my most recent trip over the holidays and tomorrow I’ll have my full guide to the Valley live, too. If you have any ski trips on the horizon, I hope you’ll find this list helpful!
Vail Ski Trip Packing List
I am all about coziness and comfort when on a ski trip. The following are the best of the best when it comes to staying warm but also stylish no matter what your itinerary holds.
- Naadam Cashmere Hoodie + Cashmere Joggers: The coziest set for cold days. I sized up in the hoodie to a large and down in the joggers to small.
- Everlane Cocoon Coat: I love this coat so much. Its oversized fit ensures it goes over even your thickest sweaters. Similar less expensive version here.
- Patagonia Down Jacket: My favorite casual jacket.
- J.Crew Excursion Vest: My mom, sister and I all have this vest! Love it paired over cozy flannel button downs or sweatshirts.
- Everlane Shrunken Sweatshirt: You guys know by now how much I love this sweater. It’s perfectly sporty and yet pairs perfectly under cozy oversized cardigans when you want to layer your look. I have it in both black and ivory and sized up to a large.
- J.Crew Apres Ski Turtleneck Sweater: Aptly named this sweater is perfect for a day after skiing. It’s so thick and cozy. Now on sale!
- Everlane Cashmere Turtleneck: My favorite turtleneck. I love its subtle texture. Comes in four colors. I wore it in yesterday’s post!
- White + Warren Travel Cashmere Wrap: This scarf is divine. Great as a blanket on a plane and then perfectly stylish as a scarf for any outfit on a ski trip.
- J.McLaughlin Cashmere Gloves: My go-to tech gloves. Now on sale.
- Uniqlo HeatTech Turtleneck: Any ski trip requires HeatTech in my opinion. So they’re such good base layers for skiing or snowboarding. I find the base layer tops run really small so size up! I wear this in a Large.
- Land’s End Fleece: This is my preferred ski top I pair over my long underwear and underneath my ski jacket.
- Everlane Half-Zip Fleece: Pairs perfectly with leggings and cozy socks after a day on the slopes.
- Everlane Cashmere Scarf: This scarf is so gorgeous. It elevates any cold-weather look and I’ve been wearing it non-stop since getting it in November.
- Fleece Socks: I’m not a big socks person except for in Colorado when I live in cozy cashmere or fleece socks.
- The White Company Cashmere Socks: These sleep socks are THE BEST. I gift them to new moms often as they just feel heavenly to slip on and given they are now majorly marked down, I would be buying another pair if I weren’t on a shopping ban this month!
- Stuart Weitzman Lowland Over the Knee Boots: My go-to boots for evenings out in Vail. They’re great with jeans and dresses alike. Select sizes on sale here.
- Marc Fisher Boots: The perfect boot for ski trips. Stylish yet warm and practical.
- UGG Boots: A ski trip must. There is nothing better than coming out of ski boots and slipping into UGGs.
- Supergoop Zinc Screen Sunscreen: SPF daily is important but absolutely can’t be missed when skiing. You’re closer to the sun at higher elevation so sun burns can happen really easily. This is my personal favorite one.
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings: For days off the slopes, I love wearing these with oversized sweaters and cardigans. They pair particularly well with the Marc Fisher boots as seen here.
- Uniqlo HeatTech Leggings: My base leggings I wear underneath my ski pants.
- Lululemon Align Leggings: You know by now how much I love these leggings. So soft and moldable it’s like wearing nothing!
- AGolde Black Jeans: My new go-to black jeans.
- AGolde Toni Jeans: My current favorite casual jeans to pair with sweaters.