I’ve been going to Vail nearly every year of my life so packing for the trip is almost formulaic at this point. I pack pieces ready for the slope, ready for apres ski and ready for days spent off the mountain. Cozy sweaters, great leggings, comfy and warm pieces – the Vail Valley vibe is put together yet casual for most locals and visitors alike. If you have any ski trips on the horizon, I hope you’ll find this list helpful! And don’t miss my Vail Valley Guide.
Vail Ski Trip Packing List
I am all about coziness and comfort when on a ski trip. The following are the best of the best when it comes to staying warm but also stylish no matter what your itinerary holds.
- Naadam Cashmere Hoodie + Cashmere Joggers: The coziest set for cold days. I sized up in the hoodie to a large and down in the joggers to small.
- Everlane Cocoon Coat: I love this coat so much. Its oversized fit ensures it goes over even your thickest sweaters. Comes in 3 colors. Similar style here, too. Also love this parka.
- Patagonia Down Jacket: My favorite casual jacket. Similar look for less here.
- J.Crew Excursion Vest: My mom, sister and I all have this vest! Love it paired over cozy flannel button downs or sweatshirts.
- Everlane Shrunken Sweatshirt: You guys know by now how much I love this sweater. It’s perfectly sporty and yet pairs perfectly under cozy oversized cardigans when you want to layer your look. I have it in both black and ivory and sized up to a large. Similar style here.
- J.Crew Apres Ski Turtleneck Sweater: Aptly named this sweater is perfect for a day after skiing. It’s so thick and cozy. Similar style here and here.
- Everlane Cashmere Turtleneck: My favorite turtleneck. I love its subtle texture. Comes in four colors. I wore it in here. I also have the crewneck version and love it. This is also another cozy and warm option.
- White + Warren Travel Cashmere Wrap: This scarf is divine. Great as a blanket on a plane and then perfectly stylish as a scarf for any outfit on a ski trip. Similar for less here.
- J.McLaughlin Cashmere Gloves: My go-to tech gloves. Similar for less here.
- Uniqlo HeatTech Turtleneck: Any ski trip requires HeatTech in my opinion. They’re such good base layers for skiing or snowboarding. I find the base layer tops run really small so size up! I wear this in a Large. There’s also a crewneck version.
- Lands’ End Fleece Quarter Zip: This is my preferred ski top I pair over my long underwear and underneath my ski jacket.
- Everlane Half-Zip Fleece: Pairs perfectly with leggings and cozy socks after a day on the slopes. Similar here.
- Everlane Cashmere Scarf: This scarf is so gorgeous. It elevates any cold-weather look and I’ve been wearing it non-stop since getting it in November. Another option here.
- Fleece Socks: I’m not a big socks person except for in Colorado when I live in cozy cashmere or fleece socks. Lots of color options here.
- The White Company Cashmere Socks: These sleep socks are THE BEST. I gift them to new moms often as they just feel heavenly to slip on.
- Stuart Weitzman Lowland Over the Knee Boots: My go-to boots for evenings out in Vail. They’re great with jeans and dresses alike. Also available here. Look for less here.
- Marc Fisher Boots: The perfect boot for ski trips. Stylish yet warm and practical. Also so comfortable so great for walking around and traveling. I own this color, too.
- UGG Boots: A ski trip must. There is nothing better than coming out of ski boots and slipping into UGGs.
- Supergoop Zinc Screen Sunscreen: SPF daily is important but absolutely can’t be missed when skiing. You’re closer to the sun at higher elevation so sun burns can happen really easily. This is my personal favorite one.
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings: For days off the slopes, I love wearing these with oversized sweaters and cardigans. They pair particularly well with the Marc Fisher boots as seen here.
- Uniqlo leggings: My base leggings I wear underneath my ski pants.
- Lululemon Align Leggings: My all time favorite leggings. So soft and moldable it’s like wearing nothing!
- AGolde Black Jeans: My go-to black jeans.
- AGolde Toni Jeans: My current favorite casual jeans to pair with sweaters and ankle boots.