We have been treated to some lovely weather so far this May & June in NYC. And it also has had me very excited to pull out so many of my favorite dresses, skirts and sandals. For this month’s affordable finds post, I rounded up so many of my favorite summer classics on a budget.
I truly had such a hard time narrowing down the picks this month as there is no shortage of great pieces out right now, therefore…I even added a few extra items at the bottom of the post not featured in this month’s collage! Want to spruce up your summer wardrobe with pieces you’ll get loads of longevity out of? Look no further. As a reminder, everything is always under $150 in this series.
Summer Classics Under $150
SHOP THE POST:
- Summertime always calls for gingham. (Lord knows I’ve been wearing a lot of it in Provence!) And in the form of a navy midi dress!? Yes, please!
- This dress will be your best friend on those too-hot-to-function sort of days.
- A friend of mine sported this jumpsuit to an event recently and it was too cute. Bonus that it comes in a few different colors and is also easily dressed up or down for versatility all summer long!
- I love overalls for a casual weekend look like this white pair. (See me in overalls here, here & here.)
- I don’t think Everlane has ever made a piece I don’t love, including these denim shorts. And I also have my eye on this distressed pair with a slightly longer inseam.
- I don’t need another midi skirt in my closet but doesn’t mean I’m not eyeing this one.
- This little clutch is adorable.
- A hat is a must for those extra sunny days. (In addition, my favorite ways to protect with SPF can be found here.)
- These slides are so similar to the ones in the picture above. And after how much I wore them last summer, I’d consider them a must-have style for any closet.
- I shared that I was packing a market tote like this for my Provence trip. And so I’ll definitely be using it for park picnics and beach trips the rest of the season.
- These little tortoise hoops are darling and also only $10. Here’s another cute pair of hoops too.
- I’ve shared before that I don’t tend to invest in white jeans as they typically only last a season or two so a pair like these with a button fly for under $150 is just right. (My favorite white jeans can be found here).
- I also don’t wear my skinny jeans as often in the summer months. So instead, I opt for a looser fit like these.
- Great workwear can be a bit harder to come by in the summer months. These office appropriate pants are made of linen and are also under $100. One in every color please! (More great workwear here!)
- I have this tee in two colors. It is definitely classified as a favorite. (I also have the Medium which fits perfectly)
- I love a light summer sweater like this one for those rooftop and outdoor nights that get just a bit chilly.
- You can never go wrong with a striped top like this one.
- Every gal should have a classic swimsuit that she feels great in. (More affordable swimwear here!)
AND A FEW MORE AFFORDABLE, CUTE PICKS:
p.s. what to wear to a wedding on a budget this summer and cute espadrilles for all your summer outfits.
[Image via this post]
Loving the tortoise shell hoop trend. I’ve been wearing my J Crew Factory ones nonstop.
Such a chic neutral to add to any look! Thanks for sharing, Cynthia!
I have that black suit! It’s soooo flattering and comfortable, I love it! Looking at all these Old Navy dresses, their line has been so good this summer for affordable ones.
Truly such good, affordable and on-trend pieces that you can wear lots this summer! So glad you enjoyed the post (and that we have similar taste ;))